MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONTANA TREASURE TREK!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlagFinder
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: MONTANA TREASURE TREK! Reply with quote

I just found the coolest thing REI is doing now its here because well its basicly geocaching! and the prizes might be of great interest check it out!!!

www.montanatreasuretrek.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I wonder if this is an extension of Montana's GPS quest from last year. It seems sort of similar.

If so, I like the improvements.

Thanks for sharing FlagFinder!
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Shocked

Did they say MAGELLAN GPS!!!!

I'm in!! Wink

All you garmin fans out there can just ignore this promotion. Laughing
FlagFinder
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes magellan rox i regret getting the 60cx waste of money 12 channels compared to magellans 14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two good ideas for this game over the last:

1) Game clues will be posted on Friday afternoons after the first weeks 9am start time. This will allow for office hour workers to be able to participate.

2) No massive rush for being the very first person to the cache. And there is something for everyone who makes it to the cache.

We may just have to try this one out.

I don't know if I would really want a Magellan, but the trip to Montana sounds nice!
TheCollector
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby3 wrote:
Two good ideas for this game over the last:

1) Game clues will be posted on Friday afternoons after the first weeks 9am start time. This will allow for office hour workers to be able to participate.

2) No massive rush for being the very first person to the cache. And there is something for everyone who makes it to the cache.

We may just have to try this one out.

I don't know if I would really want a Magellan, but the trip to Montana sounds nice!

ok if you win the magellan ill take it off your hands no problem
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCollector wrote:

So, I guess you will collect just about any kind of JUNK. Wink
TheCollector
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby3 wrote:
TheCollector wrote:

So, I guess you will collect just about any kind of JUNK. Wink

yea i guess
FlagFinder
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magellans arnt junk have you tried one?
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing Garmin and Magellan (and Lowrance) is no different than comparing Windows to Linux or Ford to Chevy and other car makers. Everyone has their favorite and we can all argue until we're blue in the face, but the truth is, most people have a favorite brand when it comes to anything and most probably stick with the first brand of GPS that they use. Any jokes that we make about Magellan are in fun. Smile
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest problem with the Magellans has been the silly proprietary rechargable battery. Ok if you never wander too far from home. But out hunting or on a long cache outing it's irritating to think once your battery dies you're S.O.L.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
My biggest problem with the Magellans has been the silly proprietary rechargable battery. Ok if you never wander too far from home. But out hunting or on a long cache outing it's irritating to think once your battery dies you're S.O.L.

That would have been a real bear this past week at MOGA. I went through at least 5 sets of batteries over the five days.

As for the joking about Magellans. I only jest. It's not the gps, it's the operator (orbmaj) Wink hehe!

By the way, I take plenty of Low Range jokes with my choice of gpsr. Who needs auto-routing anyways!
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

For $8.00 you can fix this.

Here is one on E-bay but you can pick them up at Radio Shack if you don't want to pay shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Magellan-AAA-Battery-Clip-eExplorist-400-500-600_W0QQitemZ150107930622QQcategoryZ58049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cabelas

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0028452228269a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=explorist&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=explorist&noImage=0

Last edited by merkman on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
Comparing Garmin and Magellan (and Lowrance) is no different than comparing Windows to Linux or Ford to Chevy and other car makers. Everyone has their favorite and we can all argue until we're blue in the face, but the truth is, most people have a favorite brand when it comes to anything and most probably stick with the first brand of GPS that they use. Any jokes that we make about Magellan are in fun. Smile

Amen

But it is fun to poke some fun sometimes.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geocachers take notice! This is not your "MONTANA GPS" game from last year!

New rules and new prizes.
As for the rules, you do not need to rush right out and be the first to find it. If you do, you might be lucky enough to get a Montana geocoin. However, all finders of the weekly "treasure chest" get entered into a drawing with three weekly prizes given away.

As for the prizes.... One half of the "SmilingDuo" (not that crazy caching lady) won one of the packages from last week:

Magellan eXplorist 500LE North American hand-held GPS

Fly-Fishing Reel

6 Hand-Tied Flies from West Yellowstone, Montana

Yellowstone National Park Pass

1-Year Subscription to Montana Magazine

Now, we might not all be able to use some of those prizes, but not too many of us would turn down a free GPS, even if it is a Magellan !Wink

I found many of last years "caches"/ stickers, and I have already found the first weeks treasure chest this year. This group has gotten their flaws pretty much fixed, and the prizes have been greatly upgraded (somewhere around 20 gps units). IMHO Participation in their promotion is not only fun, but pretty good odds for winning some great prizes.

It would be great to see a bunch of cachers on the list of winners! Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: