MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kinda cool

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: kinda cool Reply with quote

I just foung out today after about a month....
My TB has been http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=39264 part of the game in UTAH of..http://www.cachunuts.com/newlook/TrackNut.asp?nut=204
No wonder I've been getting all the logs. I guess this thing is stuck in UTAH forever!!!
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fault it traveled out there........ Sad

But....... That nut game in Utah is really really fun and popular. It is a real big deal out there - you can't miss it, even in neighboring states. Really --- it is HUGE!
I was just out there and found some of the game nuts in SW Wyoming caches. The man who makes the nuts is very creative. Somewhere on his site there are pictures of all the nuts and some of them are hilarious.

You should feel *honored* that he has picked up your bug -- I guess in UT it is pretty awesome to have a nut either named after you or chosen to be in the game.
I'm sure it is not stuck there forever. (but it is seeing plenty of action,eh?) If you asked for it to go, I am sure somebody would take it out state for you. (but it has to get past WY, ID, NV, CO - they play it there too) You could contact Cach-U-Nuts and have him divide it back into a TBug and a separate Cach-U-Nut. Too bad there is not a good photo of it.

While I was there I found out that UT has the most geo-caches per capita than any other state. They play several real creative geo-caching games out there. They chase the nuts, bottle openers, poker hands, rubber stamps, etc, etc. All with leader boards and competitions -- it's real interesting to see folks who are so into the game.

They also have some of the most active geo-cachers in any state. It seems like everybody knows everybody and everyone you meet is super friendly. I went geocaching to UT 2 days while I was in WY, it was great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent 4 days caching in Utah this year. My favorite cache was at a mine shaft about 30 feet across that went absolutely straight down. There was a huge grate on it so you could walk right to the center. We spent about an hour dropping rocks down the hole not hearing the bottom. Here's a
picture
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fact that my TB is part of the game out there! It fits perfect. Heck it fun to watch a travel bug that never sites long in a spot and is moving very fast!!!
Thanks Centris for the trip you put it on...I know the UTAH folks will be taking good care of that TB for me!!!!!

I hope someday we can have some of those types of games here. Even if I could never keep up with the pros like Centris and KB and TriColor etc...... Would be fun. I'm kinda suprised that JEREMY hasn't taken a spin off on UTAH GAMES and made them national for a profit. I'm sure it is up his sleave.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img.groundspeak.com/cache/log/da991c3b-e6b7-4516-9e89-5e20099cb4ed.jpg

i gotta bad feeling this tb of mine will be stuck here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: