MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JULY 2006 COTM -- VOTE HERE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be the July 2006 Cache of the Month?
Douglas Trail Coin Swap
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Bullseye
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Foul Water
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: JULY 2006 COTM -- VOTE HERE Reply with quote

Douglas Trail Coin Swap by nudlez
Nomianted by mabutter

I nominate Douglas Trail Coin Swap for the July Cache of the Month.
Cache owner is Nudlez and the cache is located in Pine Island, MN waypoint # GCWBA2. It is challenging and fun. See picture posted by naoc on the website.

Bullseye by withoutapaddle
Nominated by fidian

My wife and I found this one after searching for quite a while. We really liked the way that the cache was hidden and the location they chose.

The cache is hidden behind an archery range. You don't need to worry about arrows, though. Park at N 44 49.976' W -92 55.819'. From there, you have a pleasant walk along a trail of sorts with tall grasses to your left and right. The cache will be in a clump of trees, but getting to the spot is not the difficult part. The fact that you're looking for a "small" cache (I would almost be tempted to say that it is a "regular" cache) in this particular area is the appeal of this cache. Without giving too much away, you will have a puzzle to solve once you figure out where it is. Lovely cache.

Foul Water by bflentje
Nominated by knowschad

This is a rather under-rated, very creative cache that has a good mix of Finds and DNFs.

Initially I ended up about 70 feet from the cache. I was getting 30' accuracy at the time, so I figured that I had to be closer than indicated, and there were plenty of places to hide a cache where I was, so I spent a bit of time looking in the wrong place. But then I stood to stretch a bit and lo and behold! There it was, about 70 feet away!

Shades of a Marx Brothers movie, the cache was just about what I expected, but I was still surprised. Very well thought out and crafted. This one goes on my Favorites booklist, for sure!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July Cache of the Month, Foul Water , has been reenabled for the season. Those that have been waiting, go for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: