MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The MNGCA moderators want to suspend me.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: The MNGCA moderators want to suspend me. Reply with quote

WOW…. The MNGCA moderators have threaten me with a seven-day suspension for asking a legimite question about when the November/ December Breakfast buddies event will be. They have locked ever one of my post on this subject telling me to use the same stale thread which at this time is over ten pages long. In my many post asking this question no one can answer this question for me. There are more concerned about micro managing this forum. It seems that the moderators pick and choose which topic should have more then one thread on them, take the weeknight caching crew. I have no problem with them posting a new thread ever week for there unofficial event. But when I make the point about this they state that the post doent warrant its own threads do to the fact of Volume. The Week NIGHT caching threads draw an average of 25+ posts per WEEK. The BB thread has drawn about 135 since December 2004. Why is that event more important? Could this be a little more of the good old boys censorship?

I feel that maybe its time to dump the current moderators and get some new people in there, It seems that the officers of the MNGCA are the same as the moderators, and I feel that influences the decision they make.

I encourage all clubs and association to look at the officers and moderators and see what kind of decision could be influence with the same people running the show.

Last edited by fireman121 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ALWAYS thought that the moderation has been micro-managed.. unless certain people were posting, that is, of course. I know there needs to be some semblence of order but I think it's taken to the extreme.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad some one else has noticed it also.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't in the correct Forum area. Moved.

Your question was answered in the proper thread and you were notified of it numerous times both in public and private.

As far as the rest of your rant, it's pointless. Move along.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way was the post moved? it was under Non Caching thread.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireman121 wrote:
Way was the post moved? it was under Non Caching thread.

Because it belongs under the Website topic category -- that's why. I realize that you refuse to understand and/or follow the rough outline for structure that this Forum follows but that doesn't mean that I should follow your lead.

If you have an issue with how the Forum Administrator and/or moderators handled the situation you should send an e-mail to the MnGCA Board via http://mngca.org/board-contact.php and they will handle it from there.

Because this topic, just like many others in the past, is beginning to follow the same trollish flavor I have removed this topic from my watchlist and I will not reply or read this further. Might I suggest that you learn to follow the guidelines that we have in place here or move along to another Forum that is more to your liking? That may just be what's in order here.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, moderators have better things to do than to continually move threads around. An attempt is made to keep some kind of working order and organization to the forums.

User input/posts are valued and as the forums are provided as a free form of communication, the moderators are volunteer positions. We try to keep things orderly. Yes, moderators do shape the look and feel of the forums. This is not an attempt to undermine or subdue your opinion or input, rather to keep the forums from sprawling in whatever order whatever person wished.

Its something that most people don't consider, but the consequence-less feeling of the internet does not apply to something like these forums. You do not pay a fee to use these services and you cannot be assured of the anonymity most others on the internet enjoy. Many of the people here on these forums are people who enjoy the same things you do, the forum moderation team individuals included. With that being said, being obstinate after a simple request by the moderation team carries a temporary loss of privileges (not rights) and a certain reflection on your character by those whom you have and will associate with here and out caching.

Please be considerate of the requests made by the forum moderation team. Your energies are probably best directed towards something more productive (caching) anyway. Thanks.

Locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: