MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet music

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Internet music Reply with quote

Alligator Records has a pretty cool Flash jukebox: House Rockin' Blues

Johnny Winter, James Cotton, Buddy Guy, Hound Dog Taylor, Coco Taylor, Luther Allison, Lonnie Brooks, Saffire, more more more

100 songs !
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: A fellow Blueshound Reply with quote

Cool It's nice to see a fellow Bluehound in the mix. Tough to beat those Alligator Blues. They sign some of the best talent. Thanks for the link.

Listening to Give Me Back My Wig by Luther Allison. Man, what a great tune!!

Do you ever go to the BluesFest in Duluth? If not, you're missing a helluva show.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: BluesFest Reply with quote

Every year I'm aware of it, but for some reason I can never make it there. I love Duluth. My sons have been to a LOT of baseball and bowling tournaments there. I think it's at Wade Stadium-where the Dukes play-where I watched a Legion game from the dugout. Awesome
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended the first two Blues Festivals in Duluth, sort of. My mom has a condo in the Fingerhut bulding which overlooks Bayfront. All we had to do was open her windows and the music streamed in! Very cool.

Anyone attend the 1997 Mill City Music Festival in Mpls? I saw Etta James, Ziggy Marley, Weird Al, Joan Jett, Otis Day and the Knights (OTIS!!), Ray Charles, and a bunch of great local bands on the first couple of days and on the third day it was all blues:

Magic Dick and Jay Geils
Jimmy Vaughn
Robert Cray
B.B. King

I really wish they still had this event. It devolved into an indoor "Blues Festival", but it was never the same.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kare Extra was talking about how the Twin Cities is a hot-spot for jazz--of course, I was on here and logging DNFs so the news was only background noise--as soon as they put tonight's Extra on their website, it might be interesting reading, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: