MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you ready for some baseball??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Are you ready for some baseball?? Reply with quote

The baseball season is getting very short and I have this cache in my possession
Going To A Twins Game Moving Cache

Any way we could make this a mini event?? Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: National Pastime Reply with quote

I'm in How about 9/23 or 9/24?
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a little more time this this weekend...
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We love baseball here too. Dyl1231 and I would try to make the game.

-Rick
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given 3 baseball related travelbugs yesterday at the WGA picnic near Madison. I probably won't make a game so I'd love to pass these to someone going.

Let me know. . .
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: EVENT EVENT EVENT!! Reply with quote

Ballgame is September 23rd, 7pm Twins v Indians -- cache meeting place is at the webcam 6pm - 6:45pm for all you geo-geeks and stalkers. It will be your only opportunity to log the caches even if you are not attending the game, they will be leaving the state ASAP.

4 caches for logging - the event, the webcam, the Twins moving cache and (surprise, surprise) the Indians moving cache. There will also be several baseball related TBugs for logging.
I will reactivate "Cuddle Up" and make a baseball quilt for the event. Hiding spot will be under my seat Wink

Pogopod, wallypog and I are sitting in section 224 if you want to get tickets near us. (no group rates or block of seats -- we were too late, sorry)
Ticket price for that section is $14, but that is Subway night so there are some sections that are half price as well as General Admission which I believe is $5 -- or you can go sit in the good seats for $21

Last edited by Centris on Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. I think I'll use my son's student ID, get in for 2 bucks, then put on my crackerjack vendors shirt. If there's an open seat nearby, I'll just give the crackerjacks away, and sit down.

I'm gonna bring my Wally the Beerman rookie card, and try to get it signed. I hope Bert's working, 'cause I just got his 1971 Topps card. Who else? Maybe Danny Gladden. I haven't seen him in a few years.

I don't even know any Indians players. I wonder if Wild Thing is still pitching?

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: No Event Reply with quote

I deleted the event cache link above since the cache was not approved -- that's OK, we are going anyway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and I hope some of you decide to join us at the game - it will be fun.

I decided I am still giving away this Baseball themed Cuddle Quilt I made.
Details of how to win it are listed in the "Cuddle Up" page along with some of the details from the other cache we had planned..... THIS IS NOT AN EVENT!! IT IS JUST SOME GEOCACHERS HANGING OUT AT A BASEBALL GAME!!

Note.... you do not have to attend the game to win the quilt or to log the baseball caches - just come on by during the designated time we are there on the corner. (which is also a cache spot, make sure you have somebody working the web cam for you)

Matt -- After the game I will safely tuck Cuddle Up back into Lake Superior until the Duluth event. Sorry if it shows up on your page.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not bother me that I always have the same disabled caches or caches I won't get to on my nearest caches list--I'm sorry for even mentioning it. You can leave Cuddle Up cache virtually at the Metrodome after the game, and you don't have to go through the hassle of placing it in the middle of Lake Superior and then bringing it back out every time you use it for an event.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Lake Superior ? Reply with quote

Lake Superior ?

ISH ! Is that quilt gonna smell like fish ?

Maybe I missed something ?

Embarassed

King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you attend the game, here is an additional cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=33327

Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: EVENT EVENT EVENT!! Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Ticket price for that section is $14, but that is Subway night so there are some sections that are half price as well as General Admission which I believe is $5 -- or you can go sit in the good seats for $21

The General Admission area is $7 on Subway Tuesdays, we have frequented the HHH many a time on those nights Very Happy

Both Marsha and I plan on attending and will be sitting in the GA area because we are poorer than anything Wink

Have a good evening,
Silent Bob
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not a big fan of spending a lot of money to go to the ballpark either, particuraly since it costs too much for the privilege of a cold soda or barley pop and anything to eat.

that notwithstanding, this should be a fun get together!
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: EVENT EVENT EVENT!! Reply with quote

Marsha&Bob wrote:
Both Marsha and I plan on attending and will be sitting in the GA area because we are poorer than anything Wink

The dome is such a lousy place to watch a baseball game, me and my kids actually prefer the lower GA over most of the other low cost alternatives to "good seats". At least you don't get a kink in your neck in lower GA.

We'll be in lower GA.
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed rick. it's a football stadium designed to accommodate baseball, not the other way around. i can support a new stadium for baseball, with the proper public financing, but not a new football stadium. but i digress.

the third base line is so lousy that i wouldn't accept free tickets to watch a game from those seats. (playoffs notwithstanding.) well, technically not true. if i wanted to go to a game and was offered free third base line tickets, i'd take 'em and go sit in general admission, assuming the game isn't a sellout vs. the yankees.

based on economics of primo seats vs. the rest of the stadium, i prefer the outfield as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: