MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you ready for some baseball??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardware wrote:
i can support a new stadium for baseball, with the proper public financing, but not a new football stadium. but i digress.

How could you possibly support funding a new stadium out of public money when we are looking at cut backs in all areas of the state?

Nice, people out of work and looking at pay decreases so we can fund a new stadium. Yeah, no money to goto the games, great idea.

Silent Bob
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: EVENT EVENT EVENT!! Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
The dome is such a lousy place to watch a baseball game, me and my kids actually prefer the lower GA over most of the other low cost alternatives to "good seats". At least you don't get a kink in your neck in lower GA.

Yeah, the dome is pretty terrible, but I am not a fan of the Saints myself. The game atomosphere is great but the game itself isn't worth it.

Silent Bob
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha&Bob wrote:
hardware wrote:
i can support a new stadium for baseball, with the proper public financing, but not a new football stadium. but i digress.

How could you possibly support funding a new stadium out of public money when we are looking at cut backs in all areas of the state?

Nice, people out of work and looking at pay decreases so we can fund a new stadium. Yeah, no money to goto the games, great idea.

Silent Bob

this thread is not about the merits of public funding for sports facilities. and clearly i did not suggest what sorts of public support i would favor or not favor.

don't hurt yourself when you jump to conclusions.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardware wrote:
this thread is not about the merits of public funding for sports facilities.

Thank you!!........ don't want this thread to turn into a debate.
Back on topic.... which is the baseball (non) event.
Who is coming to the game??? I'm really looking forward to it.

I just bought myself a new baseball and a fresh Sharpie..... I want everybody to sign it when they come by (even if you are not going in - just stop by beforehand!). Maybe I'll get two of them and make one a bonus cache item or something cool like that, eh?

I also want to make sure somebody will be manning the webcam for us during at least part of the time and will send us some pictures so we can get credit for that cache too Very Happy Pleeeeeeze

Also I have heard that the indoor micro is a bugger to get to because of the security guards -- maybe we can run some interference or blocking for each other on that one. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpies *bleed* on a baseball

you want a good ballpoint pen

King Boreas baseball autographs tip # 17

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingboreas wrote:
sharpies *bleed* on a baseball

Who knew??? Idea Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jillibean and I will be there for the tailgating, but not the game itself. We have to pack for the big journey! We will have 3 baseball related TB in tow. See you then!
TimbreWlf
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think that I could make this non-event, as I work 1400-2200, but tickets just happened to land in my lap for tonight's game and tuesday's. Thanks to the Army "morale welfare and recreation program", I let a few guys leave early tonight, with the intent of letting myself leave early on Tues. Hope to make it in time for the webcam cache, but will settle for a visit in the bleachers during the game.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallypog will not be able to attend the game sooooooo......
his ticket will be available if somebody wants to come sit with me and Pogopod and KB in section 224 (sorry, we just have the single ticket available)
Let me know ASAP by private message or geo-mail
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Wallypog will not be able to attend the game sooooooo......
his ticket will be available if somebody wants to come sit with me and Pogopod and KB in section 224 (sorry, we just have the single ticket available)
Let me know ASAP by private message or geo-mail

If only I didn't have to pack!
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: We will be there!!!! Reply with quote

Smile Smile Smile

JoelCam and I plan on attending tomorrows meet & game. Should be there after 6Pm. Look forward to meeting some fellow cachers!!!!

-JT

KC0QEG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will someone be watching for the group to form on the webcam?
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Will someone be watching for the group to form on the webcam?

Still looking for volunteers to take lots of images so everybody can get credit for that cache..... seems all our local computer geeks will be at the webcam Wink May have to call in outside help!

The man who owns the moving baseball caches will be watching from Utah as well -- he is pretty excited to see us all logging the caches and going to the game. This one should be a good one, eh?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
This one should be a good one, eh?

I sure do hope so Smile I hope that I don't ruin the Twins' winning streak like I did the last two games I went to Sad

Silent Bob
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha&Bob wrote:
I hope that I don't ruin the Twins' winning streak like I did the last two games I went to Sad

Now we know who to blame if all goes awry!! Ah-ha! Twisted Evil

Where is Lance or Wayfarin Stranger or S4xton or jonsom or Lady Bug?? Bummer!! Somebody please volunteer to man the webcam......
Crying or Very sad <------ me not getting credit for the metrodome cache
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: