MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cache of the month changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Cache of the month changes Reply with quote

I have volonteered to facilitate the Cache of the Month nomination and voting process. I've always seen the Cache of the Month process as a positive force to help guide cache creators about which type of caches the members really like. It is also a great showcase for visiting out-of-state cachers, as well as for local cachers, to get a good idea of the great caches we have in the state.

I plan to follow the guidelines for cache nominations as described here.
There are two new changes to the CotM process that I would like to implement, both with the goal of making the process as engaging as possible for everyone.

The first change: All nominations (except for this month), will be announced on the 1st of the month. However, the voting will not open until the last week of the month, to close at midnight on the last day of the month. This delay between announcing the nominations and voting will make it easier for everyone to try to find the nominated caches prior to voting. I will do an honest attempt to visit them all each month.

The second change: I would like to encourage anyone who find any of the nominated caches to write a short review on the nomination board to allow voting members a better idea of what the cache is about. Same thing if you have previously found one of the nominated caches, please write a short reivew on the nomination board.

Now, for this month, I will post the nominated caches as soon as I recieve 3 nominations and the vote will open on the 21st to close on the 28th. Looking back through some former nominations there are several worthy caches there that would be well served to be re-nominated. Even if you completed a cache years ago and loved it, please nominate or re-nominate it to help showcase it even if it is an old cache.

With your support, I'd love to continue this great tradition that highlight the great caches in the state. To nominate a cache, please PM the nomination to me or email me at: gps@july15.com
5savages
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the changes. Very Happy
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well thought out, Jonas. This gives me one less reason to abstain, and one more reason to get off my behind and go caching!
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed, a logical thoughtful way of approaching the COTM. I usually only say this when I finally find an IBcrashen cache, "I wish I had thought of that."
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: All Caches in MN eligible for CotM nominations Reply with quote

Just a quick note on eligible caches. King Boreas had in a previous message mentioned that he did not want his caches nominated for CotM. Per a private message he ok'ed having his caches nominated and voted on for CotM. So all MN caches are eligible for nomination.

-Jonas
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, for this month, I will post the nominated caches as soon as I recieve 3 nominations and the vote will open on the 21st to close on the 28th.

That did not pan out as I had hoped. It is the 28th today and I did not recieve enough nominations to run a vote for the end of February. Currently there are two nominated caches which will be published tomorrow March 1st. The vote will run March 24th through March 31st.

Maybe it is not too bad to have the vote in March referenced as the March CotM anyway.

-Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: