MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for January Cache of the Month!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Cache Should Be Cache of the Month?
OXBOWS of Rum
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Rookie Pond
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Dark Forest
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
The Cambridge Colony
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Vote for January Cache of the Month! Reply with quote

There seems to be some confusion on how to vote for cache of the month. You may vote on any cache of the month even if you have not done the cache. Voting may be based on your experience doing the cache or based on the description provided by the nominator. So please everyone vote for COTM.

Moe the Sleaze would like to nominate GCY9F8 OXBOWS of Rum by Yellow Streak because this kind of cache is what geocaching used to be about. It's no park and grab, but after the two mile round trip hike through the forest along the Rum River you have gained much more than just another smiley for your stats. The cache hide itself, though by no means unique, took planning and effort, not just finding the nearest hidey-hole that presented itself. As of the time of this submittal, only four cachers have made the effort to find this cache since it was hidden in September. Get off your duffs folks! Thank you, Yellow Streak, for a great cache!

JRest would like to nominate GCK0V8 Rookie Pond as Jan Cache of the month. The cache, placed by eagleyes in July 2004, is at a really beautiful location just outside of Ely, MN. There is a picture posted on his log from September 06'. The view is incredible, I did not see any moose on this trip, however there are plenty of logs indicating a variety of wildlife has been viewed from the cache area. This was my first trip up to Ely, and I specifically went up here on a caching mission. After this visit, I decided I should get back up here to spend more time, in and around Ely, caching of course, but definitly to spend more time and enjoy the scenery!

EskoClimber would like to nominate GCZFJW Dark Forest by Rickat
This is a great cache. It is hard to describe the great scenery and
the thoroughly enjoyable hike along the river. Its not often I get to
hike for over half a mile along an undistrubed river. I hiked for
another half a mile past the cache just to enjoy the walk. I only
stopped because I was expected back at the hacienda this Thanksgiving
Day. I watched a doe strike out across the river as I approached and then a woodpecker started casting aspersions on my character as I passed by. The chickadees did their best to brighten my day as I signed the log.

Merkmen would like to nominate I nominate GCPZXN The Cambridge Colony by Yellow Streak for Jan Cache of the Month. It is one of the best caches I have ever done. Great Hides, A great mix of areas, and a great history behind the cache.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Yellow Streak on two nominations in one month!
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, all of the cache's seem deserving, so I'm going to have to vote on it based on description. Which obviously means I'll wait til tomorrow or the next day to vote while I can think Wink

CW
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI Jonas of Jonas and Julia has offered to take over and revamp the COTM. He will take over as soon as this months COTM is completed. Welcome him into this endevor as you did when PearHead and I made our changeover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: