MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restored caches/removed caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Restored caches/removed caches Reply with quote

There are some of my caches that were archived 6-8 months ago, and they have been restored. I like the low numbers, plus I'm finding it easier than getting approval for new ones. This means I've actually placed about 10 'new' caches, but not getting a boost in # of caches placed. I don't care. If you previously found one of these, you are welcome to claim another find at the new location.

I have been removing caches earlier than required, because I have the time to do it now, and probably won't in April. The Long Lake ones will probably be next, within a week. If anyone hasn't been to these, the time is now.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: ADMIN: Delete if necessary Reply with quote

I'm really getting pissed. I have four caches ready to go. I've found some areas, with a bit of distance between caches, but if I place them, they'll be short-lived. LIMITS ! ARRRGGGGH

I had four hours yesterday, and didn't place anything new. Another one was archived. It would have been two, but I couldn't find one. I don't know if I'll make it to #150, and I had a couple ideas for that: one controversial perhaps, and the other a high degree of difficulty.

I'm thinking of pulling a bunch to get the number down, and all virtuals. I don't hunt, I hide. At least I used to.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: KB Reply with quote

kingboreas wrote:
I don't know if I'll make it to #150, and I had a couple ideas for that: one controversial perhaps, and the other a high degree of difficulty.

KB -- There would be no geocacher here in MN who made it to 200+ finds without you. Very Happy We all appreciate what you do and have done for the sport.
Some people enjoy finding caches Shocked, some people hiding caches Cool, some people chase after Tbugs Rolling Eyes -- thats what makes the game work and be fun for all of us. There has to be another place for these caches to go so you can attain your goal.

As far as #150 goes -- I vote for the controversial one (grin)
***said after trying for over a week to place my medallion cache and having to change and modify the difficult elements of it to appease the geo-gods -- good luck getting it approved
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jonsom
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was bummed out today to find Jab's Farm has been archived, I was really looking forward to doing that cache.
My vote is for the high difficulty cache.
Thank You KB for hiding all the cache's, I could have not topped 150 in the time that I have without your cache's. My guess is that 75 - 80+ % of my finds are KB hides. Some have been very easy and others have taken me many visits to complete, but I have enjoyed every one of them. One of my goals for next year is to search for more quality than quantity of cache's. I am also ready to place more of my own cache's, I have the containers, all I need now is the contents.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close to 100 of my finds are kingboreas caches--my first 3 finds were kingboreas caches, and 10 of the 11 caches I found this weekend are kingboreas caches. If he didn't place them, who would? I have found all of his caches to be well placed in interesting areas that I would not have ordinarily known about. When I first signed up to Geocaching in December, 2000, there were 4 or 5 caches in the state, so I put the site out of mind until over a year later when I came back to check things out, and then, there were almost 300. It's through people willing to place them that this sport is able to grow--I'm in it for the hunt, and without anybody placing them, I would just be a guy wandering around in the woods.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to chime here too. King - BIG THANKS! 61 of my 256 finds are yours, including all nine of today's finds. Your caches have been a huge part of the hobby for me. I've cursed your name so many times during difficult hunts. . .until I find the cache that is. Then it's all praise!

THANK YOU KINGBOREAS!
EelSid
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: KB caches Reply with quote

I agree. I seldom look at who placed a cache when I hunt for it, but I am never surprised to see the words "Another Kingboreas cache" on the lid when I open the container. KB has brought me to great places all over the cities that I would otherwise never have seen.

Thanks KB!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: