MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday December 13th 2006; 7:30 PM
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday December 13th 2006; 7:30 PM Reply with quote

Parking: N44 59.529, W092 59.294
GCZJ7E - Anthony's Cache
GCNHVM - Priory Pickin's
Eats & Drinks: Oakies, 1285 Geneva Avenue (Hwy. 120) Oakdale, MN 55128. Coordinates to follow when someone who isn't lazy comes up with them.

This week we've been issued somewhat of a challenge. I have received in an email from the cache owners...

Quote:
Joel, you should talk to your friends that you cache with about looking for our new cache, Anthony's Cache, GCZJ7E Nobody has been able to find this one with out help....so see if you guys can find it! Let me know! Miss you!! -Mutsley & Crew

Last edited by LucidOndine on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, GCNHVM seems to use the same parking coordinates, although it's an older cache that some of the regulars have already found.

I'm most likely in...although I'm still debating on if I try to order a new GPSr to arrive on Wens, or just wait til then to check out the 60's and 76's that people have...we'll see.

Celticwulf
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably be there.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to note, maplewood squads drive down larpenteur pretty regularly. If they see a lot of cars parked around there, they might question it.

Just FYI. Wish I could go on this one, I've tried once for it, but have been rather determined to find it without a hint, seeing as it's a mile from my house.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
One thing to note, maplewood squads drive down larpenteur pretty regularly. If they see a lot of cars parked around there, they might question it.

Just FYI. Wish I could go on this one, I've tried once for it, but have been rather determined to find it without a hint, seeing as it's a mile from my house.

LOL...we won't go for hints, if we DNF it, that wouldn't be the first time the WeekNIGHT crew had a DNF (I still blame Jambro).

As for the squads stopping and checking, GeoPierce is always supposed to have the Star Trib article on him at all times to explain things, so that should be taken care of Wink

As for new GPSr, it's between the 60 and 76 and I still can't make a decision...so I'll be checking with everyone Wens about what they like about each. For me right now I can't figure out why the 76 is so much cheaper than the 60. But since I don't have anything to compensate for like some people, I don't think I really need a massive unit. Laughing

CW
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out this weekend looking for Anthony's Cache, and I couldn't find it, it's a hard one, made even more hard at night I'm sure.

I'm in if we do it...might have to re-arrange some things.

As for eating...there is a new place on Century called "Oakes" or "Oakies" or something like that, it's just before 10th st. That might be good...or if you prefer, there is a Green Mill that we used last time we were in the area that we could hit again..it's on Century and 94.

Now that I think about it, there is a closer place called "The Pizza Factory" which has some of the best pizza, and they have sandwiches and stuff, I can call and see what they have on tap if you want to check that place out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Now that I think about it, there is a closer place called "The Pizza Factory" which has some of the best pizza, and they have sandwiches and stuff, I can call and see what they have on tap if you want to check that place out.

Is that the Pizza Factory in North St. Paul on Century? I know they don't have a bar and I'm fairly certain they don't have beer.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thats the one, I knew they didn't have a bar, but I thought they had kegs in back. Pizza Huts didn't have "Bars" but they served beer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Yeah, thats the one, I knew they didn't have a bar, but I thought they had kegs in back. Pizza Huts didn't have "Bars" but they served beer.

You may be right but TBPH, I think the other options are better for our needs anyway.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, it was just an idea.

I have no idea on Oakies, so if you want to try something different, lets hit them, if not, then Green Mill it is.

If your familiar with the area, Oakies is where Sgt. Peppers used to be.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
If your familiar with the area, Oakies is where Sgt. Peppers used to be.

Roger. The Pizza Factory is usually (at least at lunch) loaded with LEOs (Aaron and I call it The Police Factory) and is kinda small (only a handful of tables).
poppa99
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try my best to be there.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Oakies or Green Mill? Let's make this definitive and I'll edit the first post.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
So, Oakies or Green Mill? Let's make this definitive and I'll edit the first post.

http://www.oakiesroadhouse.com/

Wednesday Specials:
Long Neck Bottles - $2.50

Meat Loaf - Served with Gravy, your Choice of Potato, Soup or Salad
$7.95

Looks like a winner to me!
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:

Your the planner. Make the call!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: