MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocaching in the winter?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new_dharma
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Geocaching in the winter? Reply with quote

Aberrix wrote:
My first post! Wink

I heard about geocaching from a buddy of mine last summer and never really read more about, a recent news article turned me on to it and I've been researching it and gps units the past couple of days. I think this is something myself and my family would very much enjoy especially during summer camping trips. I am borrowing a gps unit from a friend next week to give geocaching a try or two before plunking down the cash for a gps unit of my own.

My question is this, how feasible is geocaching in the twin cities during the winter? I am no wimp to MN winters so the elements are not an issue, but what about accessibility to caches? I am weary of getting all 'into it' during the winter months only to disappoint myself.

Do people stop caching in the winter? Could it be even better than the summer? (snowshoeing!) How does it differ from the summer? advice? complaints? stories?

Thanks in advance.

now why wasn't this thread moved and/or locked? it's about the EXACT same thing as the other post in the 'General' area Confused
same
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because before this weekend I wasn't a moderator for this area. See: http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=995

Locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: