MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GIS day at UMD, Nov 16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneied Cooky wrote:
All my Q's were answered but 1 Are the coords for a parking lot or for a place to park? The way I red it it sounded like a spot to park.
I will join DLHCacher in the taunting! If I can keep up to EskoClimber. 1 last question. Where's the Kegger party afterwards?

Well, both, I think! They are coordinates for a parking lot (that's the important part). It is very likely they are coordinates for a parking space as well (I figure a 60/40 chance), but it is equally likely that a car might be occupying that space.

I'd love to be part of the kegger part, unfortunately we have to leave for Madison after Lonnie's talk (and Cleveland on Friday, don't be jealous). I'll count on you all to hoist one for me and celebrate the FTF!
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Important: UMD Geocaching info Reply with quote

OK, for those of you that are coming to help out, eat donuts, etc. here is a list of the caches we've placed around campus. Most of these are easy hides, and you'll see there's a variety. (Sorry bout the clunky way of posting, couldn't figure out how to upload a file here...)

I'll be around all morning, and will look foward to meeting you!

GISday info[/b]

Last edited by ghost640 on Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIS day info

Nice document!
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
GIS day info

Nice document!

Wow, you're fast! Thanks, that was fun.
TimbreWlf
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to make it, which is unfortunate because it looks to be a good time. I'll make it up some how at another event.
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ghost! You are getting waaaay involved in this
geocaching thing!!

Have a great one tomorrow, those who are at the
event. I'm sorta jealous!

Rolling Eyes
~nt
proton
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Important: UMD Geocaching info Reply with quote

ghost640 wrote:

GISday info

Ummmm. Hope you can swim. Black boxes should be at N46' 48.912 instead of 46' 46.912 I think Rolling Eyes
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special thanks to all who came and helped out (EskoClimber, proton, proton3d, Oneied Cooky, dmnrec, DLHCacher, and Ghost640)! We talked to a number of folks and sent a few out in search of some of the caches that were placed in the area.

Esko did a wonderful job on the presentation - thanks for that and for the prep work you put into the day!
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help out. It was fun to sit there and chat caching. The people I talked to seemed excited to get out and give it a try. They had access to GPSers and were going to try it out before they went out and got there own. They may be posting here soon! Never know Cool
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been fun to get more people out...but a lot of them seemed to be on a tight schedule, but intrigued none the less...thanks everyone!!
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to all everyone that helped out. The people I remember seeing there were Pear Head, Proton, Proton3d, Oneied Cooky, dmnrec, DLHCacher, and Ghost640. I also saw the Great Dane but he was working at a different booth and was unable to assist for obvious reasons.
Ghost640 gets high marks for all his effort in putting out temporary caches, securing prizes for the finders, and the obvious time he put into the GIS day. Thanks George.
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Hi from Madison Reply with quote

Whew, what a long day this has been! Great job - Esko's seminar went very well, I was glad to see that it was well-attended, especially for the first talk of the day. It will be interesting to see if we pick up any new geocachers, I'm surprised more students didn't head out after the caches, but we had a few.

And yes, thanks to all of you that came and helped, nice to put faces to some of the names! Maybe next year this could be a real geocaching 'event' held in conjunction with GIS day. For the first time though, this went pretty well - did anyone ever find Book Learnin'? The one student that picked up Colossus & Cedars got to the site, but not the cache.

Hey, if all goes well tomorrow, I could pick up caches in WI, IL, IN and OH!
Thanks again & happy cachin!
Ghost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: