MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for November Cache of the Month!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Cache Should Be Cache of the Month?
Mimicry in the Preserve
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
P.O. Box 367
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Ugly Baby
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Get Spooked #4
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Vote for November Cache of the Month! Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate GCX15T Mimicry in the Preserve by MNMonarchs for the next Cache of the Month. This is a fabulous 3-stage multi. A lot of effort went into this one. The cache containers are very creative and well made. Short walk between the stages. Great for kids or for anyone.
By PFalstad

I'd like to nominate GCXXPF P.O. Box 367 by Jerry&Patty for the next Cache of the Month. Everyone who has attempted this cache has enjoyed it. None of the logs say, "TNLNSL," or only "TFTC." It is in a park with pleasant scenery. Finding this cache is a mental challenge, but not so difficult that cachers quit in frustration. "Geo-sense" can help the seeker, but does not take away from the pleasure of seeing the work that went into this cache.
By MSRubble

I'd like to nominate GCRV6X Ugly Baby by Posen for the next Cache of the Month. here are a good number of great caches in this particular park, but I think that Ugly Baby takes the cake. It's got everything I look for in a memorable cache. With our 20-month old, we tend to avoid multicaches or high-terrain rated caches, but after reading the posts for this cache (and conveniently caching in the area), we decided to take a crack at this one. The terrain rating is high, but don't let that fool you; I think the average person should be able to do this cache, but should be aware that there is one difficult part that some people may not be comfortable with. It's an easy walk down a paved trail to get near the cache, a little challenge and maybe kind of a scramble to get closer and actually locate the container for the first leg, and just a short walk to the final. I don't want to spoil anything, but in typical Posen fashion, the containers are great, and there is some humor involved. We couldn't help snapping a picture of the final container, and letting our own baby play with the lonely, ugly baby that spends so much time by itself in the woods. So, even if you typically avoid multis or higher terrain ratings, don't pass up this cache. It's a nice walk though the woods with just enough physical challenge to make it interesting, and just enough bizarre humor to make it memorable and unique.
By nudlez

I'd like to nominate GCYN9B School's in Session by lagrac for the next Cache of the Month.
By bflentje

I'd like to nominate GCYE7E Get Spooked #4 by Bflentje for the next Cache of the Month.
- And at the risk of sinning with excessive pride, I'll nominate my own Get Spooked #4. Not sure if I can self nominate or not. This cache has been wildly popular for a number of reasons. The private emails I have been getting have been numerous and positive. Apparently the night cache thing and the spookyness is many cachers hidden desire.
By bflentje
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing one in the voting...
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opoppps I can't edit in either now that votes have been cast. I'll add it to next months. Sorry.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do we have to vote by? I haven't visited any of these caches, and I'd like to while I'm home on leave so I can make a more informed decision.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
When do we have to vote by? I haven't visited any of these caches, and I'd like to while I'm home on leave so I can make a more informed decision.

The 5th of Nov for this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: