MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday October 25, 2006; 7:30 PM
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday October 25, 2006; 7:30 PM Reply with quote

Posting this early

GCYXQW Dodd Pointe Cache
GCYE7E Get Spooked #4
GCYAXY Get Sppoked #2 (for SB)

This cache came up at weeknight and most wanted to do it and since it MIGT not be there to much longer we are going for it.

Parking nearby for all 3 tho it maybe a bit tight near Get spooked #4.

Grizzley's to follow afterwards for food!

Last edited by CamoCacher on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choice!
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while we're at GC, we can marvel once again at his massive ... point collection Cool
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granite City is too far from that cache. I suggest going somewhere nearby like Major's (especially that they have .25 wings on Wednesdays) and there is another Get Spooked cache near there too!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
And while we're at GC, we can marvel once again at his massive ... point collection Cool

Another evening full of opportunities to mock Mr. "I have the most points"? Who could miss that!!! Twisted Evil
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Granite City is too far from that cache. I suggest going somewhere nearby like Major's (especially that they have .25 wings on Wednesdays) and there is another Get Spooked cache near there too!

You just want us to show you where the cache is at Surprised Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. We need to pick a place closer to the cache. Why drive 10 miles to a bar just because one of the cachers has a discount card there. Sorry bud but there are lots of places closer. Even Applebees with $1 beer after 9.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
I agree. We need to pick a place closer to the cache. Why drive 10 miles to a bar just because one of the cachers has a discount card there. Sorry bud but there are lots of places closer. Even Applebees with $1 beer after 9.

Yup. I can eat wings, with Kim, for $6 on Wednesday nights. I spend more than that on one beer at Granite City Wink
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:

Yup. I can eat wings, with Kim, for $6 on Wednesday nights. I spend more than that on one beer at Granite City Wink

First off, I gotta call BS on the spending $6 on beer at GC...you and I both know you're making that up, or do you forget I've got the menus and beer prices memorized there Cool Reality is you're spending at most $4-$4.50 on one beer, and ususually $3.75 since you're stuck up Wink

Secondly, how the heck am I getting blamed for this whole idea? When these caches were sugested AT weeknight BEFORE I could have any idea where the caches were, I stated "hey, if they're close to GC we can go there". How am I supposed to know sitting at the bar that the cache camo is sugesting is down in Apple Valley and not in Eagan like I thought?? Plus I'm not the only cacher with the card, both Lucid and Paklid both have the discount and I'm decently sure we've got RedDevil on the fence about it. I understand Airborne's reasons why he doesn't go to GC that often, but I'm personally thinking SB is just a little crybaby over the whole thing...oh, wah-wah, I have to spend a small amount for a lifetime membership where I get cheaper and larger beers and 10% off all my food, wah-wah.

Finally, I agree, if the cache is down there we should hit a bar in that area. However, just to [edited for inappropriate content by SB] both of the whiners previously I'm going to sugest instead of either of the options they gave, why don't we hit the Old Chicago right off of Pilot Knob there? At least more beer variety than any of the other places sugested.

Also, I can't say for sure I'll be there or not, depends on work due to the fact depending on how things go this weekend I may be working in the factory on nights next week...we'll see how that goes. So yeah, slightly pissy mood, sorry...

Celticwulf

edited by SB 10/20/06
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I had a big rant about how crappy Granite City is overall but we'll just leave it at that Wink
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:

Finally, I agree, if the cache is down there we should hit a bar in that area. However, just to [edited] both of the whiners previously I'm going to sugest instead of either of the options they gave, why don't we hit the Old Chicago right off of Pilot Knob there? At least more beer variety than any of the other places sugested.

Celticwulf

No wonder you have such problems finding caches. First off the cache is in Lakeville, not Apple Valley. It is South of 160th just off Pilot Knob. There are two Old Chicago's near the cache site. The closest is in Apple Valley with a road distance of 3.3 miles. About a quarter mile further then Major's. The second is up in Eagan in the Walmart parking lot which is a distance of 8.4 miles and a half mile south of GC. Yep I was off by a mile on GC I admit it.

Nearest bars would be to the cache site are:

Applebees in Rosemount
The Irish Put in Rosemount
Major Apple Valley
Old Chicago Apple Valley
Rascalls Apple Valley

You have to go all the way North to the Yankee Doodle and Pilot Knob intersections before you find places in that area. Even Doolittles on Cliff and Cedar is closer.

And your right OC has more beer choices but the food sucks.

edited quote by SB on 10/20/06
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
And your right OC has more beer choices but the food sucks.

I actually kinda like their Double Deckeroni. Other than that I don't typically eat their food. Rascal's, OTOH, has great food and a nice bar: http://www.lazylightning.org/node/129
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I vented as such. And yes, I can't tell my suburbs, the whole area is still just "the cities" to me. And I appologize to both SB and Artic for venting at them, just not having a great day at work.

Latre all
CW
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologize to me?! LOL. Talk is cheap, buy me beer! Twisted Evil
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologize to me?! LOL. Talk is cheap, buy me beer! Twisted Evil

I would if we were hitting Granite City Twisted Evil

But I agree, it's too far away from the cache...by the time we're done caching we all want to hit drinks/food right away.

CW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: