MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday October 18, 2006; 7:30 PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choice! Didn't want to feel left out so I went out in the drizzle and found them today! You can add 10 to the difficulty level!! Twisted Evil Finding the parking coords was a trip all by itself! AutoRouting Owned me!
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneied Cooky wrote:
AutoRouting Owned me!

Does autorouting ever work right? I'm going to be getting a new gpsr soon and I'm afraid to spend the extra $100+ to buy the software if it's only going to be a headache.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
Does autorouting ever work right? I'm going to be getting a new gpsr soon and I'm afraid to spend the extra $100+ to buy the software if it's only going to be a headache.

Autorouting has been pretty accurate for me. Sometimes it doesn't pick the fastest, or shortest way to get around, but very rarely has it not gotten me to my destination. I'd spend the extra buck on it...no question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Z-man It may take you on the long route but it gets you there. When going places where you don't have a clue it will get you to your destination. It may only be a mile away and by the time you get there you put on 5 miles but you get there!!
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autorouting is worth every penny, no questions asked.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneied Cooky wrote:
Great choice! Didn't want to feel left out so I went out in the drizzle and found them today! You can add 10 to the difficulty level!! Twisted Evil Finding the parking coords was a trip all by itself! AutoRouting Owned me!

Rather than relying on my GPSr, I have already printed a map and driving directions...I know, I know, that is cheating, but I need all the help I can get! Embarassed
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me, you should definitely print out directions to the parking coords if you don't have autorouting.. The streets nearby are really weird. My GPS's autorouting worked fine. The route it gave me seemed ridiculous, but after looking at a map, I don't think there's a better way...
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:

Absolutely! Remember that WeekNIGHT in Bassett Creek Park? I got there much earlier than you, thanks to autorouting! Wink
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:

Something to keep in mind is that if you are routing directly to a cache, autorouting will take you to the closest spot to the cache on a road. If the cache is on the back end of a park near a freeway, that's where autorouting will take you. It often pays to look on the map where in the park the cache is and route to where it looks like the park access is rather than to the cache itself.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:

Absolutely! Remember that WeekNIGHT in Bassett Creek Park? I got there much earlier than you, thanks to autorouting! Wink

Yeah, after we drove in circles once. Smile
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:

Something to keep in mind is that if you are routing directly to a cache, autorouting will take you to the closest spot to the cache on a road. If the cache is on the back end of a park near a freeway, that's where autorouting will take you. It often pays to look on the map where in the park the cache is and route to where it looks like the park access is rather than to the cache itself.

Yeah, I've seen that happen to people before too.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
That reminds me, you should definitely print out directions to the parking coords if you don't have autorouting.. The streets nearby are really weird. My GPS's autorouting worked fine. The route it gave me seemed ridiculous, but after looking at a map, I don't think there's a better way...

BTW...the coords listed for parking are from none other than Pfalstad himself!
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre weeknight list: 1600 (4pm for you civilians)

GCY1DH
GCYA4K
GCVAY9
GCMXDJ
GCY72Z
GCY59A
GCD850
GCY1DF
GCY6MW
GCYFQ4
GCY1QM
GCYDVW

Cell - 612-237-1730
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
Pre weeknight list: 1600 (4pm for you civilians)

GCY1DH
GCYA4K
GCVAY9
GCMXDJ
GCY72Z
GCY59A
GCD850
GCY1DF
GCY6MW
GCYFQ4
GCY1QM
GCYDVW

Cell - 612-237-1730

My friend may be joining us, so I think I will have to pass. I don't want to overdo her first time out!
ctc128
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ought to be able to make it.

BTW, I was there a few weeks ago earning FTDNF on East Cedar Lake 2, and found that parking on Upton Ave. is by permit only. I ended up parking farther to the east.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: