MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday September 27th, 2006; 7:30pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday September 27th, 2006; 7:30pm Reply with quote

No WeekNIGHT this week... Too many people couldn't make it.

Hopefully next week we'll do:

Between heck and High Water (GCYHGP)
The Fun Side of the River (GCXTAT)

Park on the street near N44 57.840 W93 13.223.

Bring a flashlight! You also might want to bring a camera. I know I will.

Refreshments: TBD; there's probably some good places near GCK4K6.

Last edited by pfalstad on Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashlight and camera highly recommended! Hope to see everyone out and about! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we scared them all off Evil or Very Mad

Who is going to be there?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a sore throat and Camo won't be there Wink drat19 is crying about how he's a wimp and he won't be there.

Sorry, I'll be there next week regardless.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't make tonight. My flight doesn't get me in in time to go home and see the kids and get back there. Maybe next week.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has a meeting tonight, I need to stay home and take care of the kids.

If no one can make it, maybe you should hold this off till next week...or tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ctc128
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to show up, if we're still on for tonight.

Tomorrow I wouldn't be able to make it until about 8:45.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still on for tonight Wink

So far its pfalstad, GP, myself, ctc and whomever else shows.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out tonight. Let's do it next Wednesday when more people can enjoy it on the regular night.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... ok. Next week then. I'll try to place another before then.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
I'm out tonight. Let's do it next Wednesday when more people can enjoy it on the regular night.

I agree.. I wanted to see the look on drat19's face when he did mine.. Smile
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, Paul, but I travel for a living and I'm woefully out of shape physically...I'm not going to attempt a 3+ star cache at this point and risk an injury. My income depends on showing up for work every day. Based on the cache description and your usual effort, I'm sure it's an excellent, challenging cache, though, and in a worthwhile location that folks wouldn't have explored otherwise if not for caching. I enjoyed last week's caching because it was a nice hike in a "hidden gem" location, but it was also not incredibly physically demanding.

I'm serious when I say that I wish I were in better shape so that I could attempt some of the more demanding caches that I could do a few years ago when I was in better shape. My problem, not the hiders'...I'll have to find the wherewithal and self-discipline at some point to address it. As for others who do choose to attempt such higher-exertion/risk caches, I say God bless ya, I envy that you can and will do it. My self-esteem is intact even in declining to attempt them.

I had also written some other comments here about my opinion of pre-cachers and hiders who come to WNC just to "see the look on drat19's (and others') faces" when we search for their own caches or caches that they've found already in daylight and/or without an audience, but I've elected to edit them out, as I've stated them before in other venues.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had also written some other comments here about my opinion of pre-cachers and hiders who come to WNC just to "see the look on drat19's (and others') faces" when we search for their own caches or caches that they've found already in daylight and/or without an audience, but I've elected to edit them out, as I've stated them before in other venues.

Heh. This one of mine is actually easy to find, but I still would like to see people's reaction to it...
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Quote:

Heh. This one of mine is actually easy to find, but I still would like to see people's reaction to it...

Serious, non-sarcastic comment: I'm sincerely impressed that you admit to seeking a little bit of ego grat. (As you know, I've admitted the same in several venues online (that I enjoyed the ego grat) referring to back when I was still a Numbers Ho and people used to have me give talks about caching and seek my opinions, just because of my numbers at the time.)

I'd probably respect the former world #1 more if she would admit it (enjoying the ego grat)...because it's clear that she does.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat19 wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:

I think that's a very enjoyable part of WNC. For instance, watch pfalstad when he makes a find. He has the worst poker face in the world Razz Even when he tries so hard to keep it to himself, he still smirks. Its pretty funny. Is it so wrong to chide others and be chided when they do and do not find a cache? I think that's part of the social group caching experience.

I also am of the personal opinion that not every cache should be attempted by every cacher. We share this opinion (and perhaps this would be a good time to chide others?) Wink Anyway, I know at least for my cache as posted above, you can stand at various perfectly safe 1.5-2 star terrains and smirk from safety Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: