MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blaze Orange Cachin'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Blaze Orange Cachin' Reply with quote

Reminder the Firearms Deer Hunting Season begins in NE Minnesota this Saturday, Nov 4th. It will run for two weeks and a full three weekends, ending on Sunday Nov 19th. Typically the opening weekend is by far the busiest. However Blaze Orange absolutely necessary during this time period for nearly all caches. Or wait until the season is over to resume your own hunt.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe blaze orange would be required to the end of muzzle loading season also, which ends in the end of the year.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze orange is typically a good idea with the start of bird hunting through the end of the year. Hunting is at it's peak during the three weeks that Hooligan pointed out (starting this weekend). Although technically it's not *required* by non-hunters, you would probably have to be pretty stupid to walk around in the woods without it during rifle season and it would be a pretty good idea other times.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Blaze orange is typically a good idea with the start of bird hunting through the end of the year. Hunting is at it's peak during the three weeks that Hooligan pointed out (starting this weekend). Although technically it's not *required* by non-hunters, you would probably have to be pretty stupid to walk around in the woods without it during rifle season and it would be a pretty good idea other times.

Do you mean I shouldn't geocache wearing my head gear from the Moose Lodge? Very Happy
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bullwinkle disguise is fine as that license is harder to get. If you want to raise the difficulty rating, wear Bambi's headgear.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

besides, who doesn't like wearing orange anyway? (not that it being my favorite color makes me biased at all).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: