MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check out this cache - "The Gauntlet"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my earlier post before, I was wondering if it was for real...esp. when reading the instructions for it. Then, in this month's Todays Cacher, there is even an article about these types of caches. Sorry that happened...I know I would have been extremely disappointed, putting it mildly.
Polarone
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get home from work and heard the news about myself. Camocacher has received some phone calls, so I felt that I would post that I am alive.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
In my earlier post before, I was wondering if it was for real...esp. when reading the instructions for it. Then, in this month's Todays Cacher, there is even an article about these types of caches. Sorry that happened...I know I would have been extremely disappointed, putting it mildly.

Do you have the article or can you point me to where I can read it?
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
dmnrec wrote:

nevermind, found it.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:

I'm guessing this is the one she's referring to:

http://www.todayscacher.com/2006/nov/liarscache.asp
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarone wrote:
I get home from work and heard the news about myself. Camocacher has received some phone calls, so I felt that I would post that I am alive.

Heh, glad to hear you're in good health anyway.

Eskoclimber can sure write a log, my hat's off to him.

In retrospect, sorry to hear about the ill effects of the experience. I hope the trip wasn't a waste at least, guess I haven't read the logs from the event.
accordiongal
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gauntlet is a Liars cache. Interesting reading on Today'c cacher. Worthwhile....no way. Twin Bluffs, yes, great place.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: JMO Reply with quote

Lil Otter is a twisted, self centered, person. She enjoys setting others up for a great experience and then laughing at them when they discover they have been fooled. I will never go after another cache she has placed, and I will not attend an event that she will be attending.
She talks endlessly about how other cachers 'idolize & look up' to her, and how she 'mentors' other cachers. The only thing she taught me was to distrust caches that sound like they will take any effort at all.
Lil Otter tries to use the excuse that the purpose of this cache is to meet other cachers. I can do that without having to waste two days of my time and $100's of dollars.
Her comment about 'outing' the prank on the cache page is irrelevant, she has already deleted the posts of at least two people in our party.
This type of person, who enjoys lying to other cachers is not the kind of person I want to associate with.
This kind of 'prank' is the kind of foolishness that will give caching a bad name, and will turn others off the sport.

I am going to withdraw my find, and post a note as to why I chose to do so, I do not want to help perpetuate this type of behavior.

Last edited by Red_Devil35 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

accordiongal wrote:
Thank you Camo for speaking the truth. There are many opinions and arguments for perpetuating the stories of the cache. Now that the truth is out, the stories are enjoyable to read and admire the creativity. The emails that are flying back and forth amongst many people reflect extreme disappointment on both sides. Were we wrong to speak the truth. My vote is no. There again are many arguments supporting all sides. My opinion is that the cache has a reputation, the personal letdown is extreme, huge disappointment. Back to trusting my instincts of maps. The maps tell the truth. How can a difficult cache be placed at a public boat launch? Rivers around development are well settled and populated.
Personally I have invested 15 hours into the cache. No doubt others are around the same mark and over. The expense in preparation around a $100. Want the smiley, go for it. Face the truth, at some time the truth would have come out, now the names are known.

Again, I wanted to thank everyone for providing the truth. I was literally packed and ready to go but ended up having more fun being dad over the weekend. If I had made the trip I would have been livid.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarone wrote:

I was suprised to hear you died too!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geocaching drama Rolling Eyes
DLHCacher
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having beers with Red_Devil35 last Wednesday, I seriously thought about joining then on Sunday for what I thought would be a great geocaching adventure. I am really glad I did not change my plans.
DLHCacher
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber is a good yarn spinner.
5savages
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buddy of mine and I were wanting to hit this one sometime. Thanks for letting us know the real deal so we didn't have to waste our time. With the time, money and effort you folks spent to just get there, I can believe you'd be mighty pissed off about the BS.

Now, in retrospect, it seems obvious with all the wild, outlandish stories. A supposedly tough cache and yet there are over 140 logs and in my very brief scan I did not see any DNF's.

What kills me is how the WGA lists this as the 2005 cache of the year. How lame is that.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5savages wrote:
A buddy of mine and I were wanting to hit this one sometime. Thanks for letting us know the real deal so we didn't have to waste our time. With the time, money and effort you folks spent to just get there, I can believe you'd be mighty pissed off about the BS.

Now, in retrospect, it seems obvious with all the wild, outlandish stories. A supposedly tough cache and yet there are over 140 logs and in my very brief scan I did not see any DNF's.

What kills me is how the WGA lists this as the 2005 cache of the year. How lame is that.

Your welcome.

I never noticed that but I honestly didn't take the time to look at all the logs out there to see there were no DNF's. Might have tipped me off if I had. Rolling Eyes

If the WGA does there cache of the months like ours tho there is no gaurntee that everyone who votes has done the cache or not, all it takes is enough votes. A persons vote can be based on a million things: they know and like the cacher, they hate the other caches listed, they read the logs and think it sounds awesome, etc. Who knows if all the voters knew the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: