MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOR SALE: Cheap, well-used, but working, reclaimed PCs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: FOR SALE: Cheap, well-used, but working, reclaimed PCs Reply with quote

I'll assume that Buy/Sell/Trade is not just for geocaching goods. If it is, I'll take your lashings as I use the argument that geocaching requires the use of a PC. If I am good-to-go, then check out the ad below.

Shocked
I have a bunch of reclaimed PCs that I am offering for sale here before I list them on eBay. They are all working but being sold as-is because of their age.

- Micron Pentium III 650Mhz, 256MB, HD, CD, video, sound, network.
* Quantity 3, will be priced at $40 each.

- Micron Pentium III 700Mhz, 256MB, HD, CDR, video, sound, network.
* Quantity 1, will be priced at $40. I think this unit might be a 733Mhz.

- generic box AMD Duron 800Mhz, 256MB, HD, CD, video, sound, network.
* Quantity 4, will be priced at $45 each.

- generic box AMD Athlon 900Mhz, 256MB, HD, CD, video, sound, network.
* Quantity 4, will be priced at $50 each.

Sold as individuals or I'll sell the entire lot for $400 cache. Oops, I mean cash. Most of the hard drives range from 10GB to 20GB. You'd have to pick a unit and then I'll find the biggest drive I can.

Shipping or pickup can be negotiated but it is not included in price above. Units come with only a power cord and a keyboard. Nothing else. No OS, software, drivers, mouse, etc. No warranty. No guarantees. Nada. As-is.

Willing to listen to reasonable offers on individuals or the lot.
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work is actively trying to get rid of various P3 computers. They all have ethernet, a video card, and various amounts of RAM, but none have hard drives. Some have sound cards and/or modems. We also have mice, keyboards, monitors, etc. Lots of computer equipment for free if anyone is interested. I think that they'd even let me deliver it to you if you like. Just PM me if you want something and I'll dig around in back to see what I can get you.

The down side is that none come with any hard drive (unlike the ones above), so if you need a ready-to-go working system or if you want a hard drive, you might want to go with the other ones instead of these.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidian wrote:
My work is actively trying to get rid of various P3 computers. They all have ethernet, a video card, and various amounts of RAM, but none have hard drives. Some have sound cards and/or modems. We also have mice, keyboards, monitors, etc. Lots of computer equipment for free if anyone is interested. I think that they'd even let me deliver it to you if you like. Just PM me if you want something and I'll dig around in back to see what I can get you.

The down side is that none come with any hard drive (unlike the ones above), so if you need a ready-to-go working system or if you want a hard drive, you might want to go with the other ones instead of these.

It'd be cool to turn them into cache containers but it'd be hard to make them weatherproof. Smile
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidian wrote:

Ughhh. Undermining my sale. Nice.
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they aren't as good as your computers - they lack hard drives and they are slower than the ones you listed (or at least most of them are slower than most of yours).

I'd even love to just give you the computers and then you can sell them on eBay. Just PM me and I'll find a way to get them to you.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of these units left if anyone is interested.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Cheap, well-used, but working, reclaimed PCs Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I'll assume that Buy/Sell/Trade is not just for geocaching goods. If it is, I'll take your lashings as I use the argument that geocaching requires the use of a PC. If I am good-to-go, then check out the ad below.

Shocked
I have a bunch of reclaimed PCs that I am offering for sale here before I list them on eBay. They are all working but being sold as-is because of their age.

- Micron Pentium III 650Mhz, 256MB, HD, CD, video, sound, network.
* Quantity 3, will be priced at $40 each.

- Micron Pentium III 700Mhz, 256MB, HD, CDR, video, sound, network.
* Quantity 1, will be priced at $40. I think this unit might be a 733Mhz.

* Quantity 4, will be priced at $45 each.

* Quantity 4, will be priced at $50 each.

Sold as individuals or I'll sell the entire lot for $400 cache. Oops, I mean cash. Most of the hard drives range from 10GB to 20GB. You'd have to pick a unit and then I'll find the biggest drive I can.

Shipping or pickup can be negotiated but it is not included in price above. Units come with only a power cord and a keyboard. Nothing else. No OS, software, drivers, mouse, etc. No warranty. No guarantees. Nada. As-is.

Willing to listen to reasonable offers on individuals or the lot.

I have two each of these units left. PRICE REDUCED.

* priced at $35 each.

* priced at $40 each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: