MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MnGCA Fall Event - Fall Cache Bash 2k6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were a member you would have known but being that you're not, you'll have to wait for the official announcement to the public once the new Board members return from the event.

Some of us *were* interested in attending the event itself (and not going to Lair instead) and being that it was a camping event we didn't return until today.

In addition, your non-sense is tiring. There are plenty of other places for you to spout off. Do it somewhere where it might be appreciated. It's not appreciated here.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In addition, your non-sense is tiring. There are plenty of other places for you to spout off. Do it somewhere where it might be appreciated. It's not appreciated here.

Spout off? I think it's a legitimate comment.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB, not to get on your bad side, or to side with SB. But he is right.

You have made it know repeated times that you are not interested in being a member of the MnGCA. Therefore, stating that it is a ligit request is not valid.

The membership has already been notified of the results of the voting. It has been posted in the membership area. As you are not a member, you don't have access. That was your decision. As far as being a Minnesota resident and feeling that becasue we are incorporated in Minnesota you have the right to know. Well maybe you do. But you just have to wait for the public anouncement.

As far as not knowing who was running. Well again, the membership has know for sell over two months who was running. Platforms were addressed and questions to those that were running were answered. All within the MnGCA.

Remember that these individuals were elected by the membership for the membership. Though this organization may do things that have an effect on geocaching at large or other geocachers who are not members of this organization is either an advantage or disadvantage depending on the individuals outlook. However, the MnGCA at least during my tenure as Vice President has never stated that it represented all of geocaching, only that we represented a organization involved in geocaching and that we had an approximate membership of X which was only a percentage of the total number of cachers in the state.

Sorry, it would be nice to have your cake and eat it to, but in this case you have made your choices.

I am sure that the new board has or will read this thread shortly and if the so decide respond. But until then you will have to wait just like all of the other non-members.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event went well, ‘cept the weather was too darn nice. Regardless, Team dachebo had a good time. Snickers too!.

Off topic, momentarily, I’d like to thank Silent Bob for all the time & relentless energy he spent in the last couple years towards this organization, and to geocaching in general. Also, thanks to the 2006 board, and many committees for your awesome contributions in the last year. I have no idea how much you all have done, just an inkling. Your generosity is much appreciated.
Thanks to all for making this a great organization.

And a big welcome to the 2007 board that was voted in yesterday.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: election results Reply with quote

Here are the election results for those that would like to know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
team-deadhead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great time my boy can't wait for the next camping event!

Thanks to everyone who put in all the hard work.

PS. the chili was great!! (thanks Oneied Cooky for making it)

What can be better then caching, big bowl of chili and a father and son camping!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=002e954f-f6a1-4563-a882-e29198cf65d0
Wo-oh, what I want to know is, are you kind?
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fun time, even if I didn't get to do any actual caching. Nice to meet so many whose handles I knew, but never met until yesterday.

Thanks to all of you who stopped by the observatory last night. I enjoyed showing off the new equipment and even though it could've been a little clearer out, it was my pleasure to host the group.

Hope to see some of you again "Weeknight Caching" real soon (perhaps even this Wednesday?)
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only found a few caches but had a lot of fun.. Thanks for everyone who worked hard putting the event together. That chili was great too.

We were wondering, where does the MnGCA get the money to pay for events like this? My wife was surprised that we didn't have to pay for the food. Do you get enough cash from merchandise and coins and such?
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzygirl wrote:
A fun time, even if I didn't get to do any actual caching. Nice to meet so many whose handles I knew, but never met until yesterday.

Thanks to all of you who stopped by the observatory last night. I enjoyed showing off the new equipment and even though it could've been a little clearer out, it was my pleasure to host the group.

Hope to see some of you again "Weeknight Caching" real soon (perhaps even this Wednesday?)

Lol, oddly enough, I think I missed out on the observatory most of all. Perhaps I can get out there next season for one of the astronomy events they hold there.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
We were wondering, where does the MnGCA get the money to pay for events like this? My wife was surprised that we didn't have to pay for the food. Do you get enough cash from merchandise and coins and such?

The cash that is used for giveaways (like the MnGCA logowear at the Spring Event), food, shelters, etc, is all donated by the MnGCA. The money that was used has come from donations and the proceeds from the 2006 MnGCA geocoin sale.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

The cash that is used for giveaways (like the MnGCA logowear at the Spring Event), food, shelters, etc, is all donated by the MnGCA. The money that was used has come from donations and the proceeds from the 2006 MnGCA geocoin sale.

As well as private donations... The Twin Cities Geocaching Podcast donated 1\3 of the cost.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as being a Minnesota resident and feeling that becasue we are incorporated in Minnesota you have the right to know. Well maybe you do.
Or maybe not.... Only our membership is entitiled to the information per MN law: (Note we are ahead of the game in that the information is available electronically so that members can view it when they want, not just at a designated office during a "reasonable time".

Subdivision 1. Articles and bylaws; minutes. A corporation shall keep at its registered office correct and complete copies of its articles and bylaws, accounting records, voting agreements, and minutes of meetings of members, board of directors, and committees having any of the authority of the board of directors for the last six years.

Subd. 2. Inspection. A member or a director, or the agent or attorney of a member or a director, may inspect all documents referred to in subdivision 1 or 3 for any proper purpose at any reasonable time. A proper purpose is one reasonably related to the person's interest as a member or director of the corporation.
[/quote]
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures from the event here (mobile): http://gallery.lazylightning.org/ht-20061007
Lady Z
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time meeting everyone. I hope I will get to see you all again soon.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
Photos to be seen at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/frozenflowerinmn2006/

These are the RAW unedited photos. Feel free to download these and share them.

All but one. I'm starting to think maybe I should just release a publicity photo..... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: