MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip to Northwestern MN planned

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Trip to Northwestern MN planned Reply with quote

I am planning a trip to northern and northwestern MN. I plan on getting the area from western Koochiching and western Itasca and west of there. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to some good caches in these areas. Would like to find some that are fairly close to towns and not a mile walk one way. This doesn't mean I want to do all park and grabs either. I plan on this being a two day trip up to this area. Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

I have about a month to plan this. I am meeting some long time friends that are going to be in MN the week of 30 Sept - 7 Oct. They are coming from NY and are spending some time with relatives from up north of Mahnomen. I will spend probably half of one day visiting with them. The rest of the time will be dedicated to GEOCACHING!!

Thanks,
TimbreWlf
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give yourself some extra time and hit some of the new ones in the Falls and Littlefork. A couple newer folks have placed a bunch there. Mine along the boder - except Cedarwood Meadows - are pretty quick, and Rapid River is close. I haven't been west of Kooch for a thousand years or so, I'm planning to get out that way next month.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grand Rapids area (western Itasca County) is full of great caches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: