MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Additional Waypoints

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Additional Waypoints Reply with quote

Beginning last January, it has been possible to add additional waypoints to your cache listings. Waypoints, such as for parking coordinates, can be made visible for everyone to see. Other waypoints, such as final coordinates for puzzle caches or for stages of multicaches can be made invisible to everyone but the cache owner and the reviewers.

The invisible waypoints for puzzles and multis are extremely important for us reviewers to help make sure that your cache meets all of the guidelines and to help us from inadvertently listing another too close to yours.

For the past several months I have been asking people to add these waypoints to their new submittals or doing it myself. Some of you might have also noticed that I have added new waypoints to some of your older caches when I suspect there may be an issue with a new submittal.

If you are the owner of multi and puzzle caches that do not already have these additional waypoints, I STRONGLY encourage you to add them. It is in your best interest to do so, since it will greatly reduce the chances of me listing a new cache near yours and will help speed up the review process for everyone.

More information on how to add these waypoints can be found Arrow here.

Thanks,
Surfer Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: