MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notification for new Caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarone
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Notification for new Caches Reply with quote

For several months now I have been using this notification for up to 10 miles from my home. I have not even been in there to edit them and the last week I have been getting some that are over 20 miles away. I go into my settings and it still says 10 miles. Any suggestions?
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you mention it, I remembered I got a notification on a cache placed 25 miles from my home. All my notifications are set to 20 miles. Strange.. maybe there's a bug in their code. They still state that the notification system is experimental.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Notification for new Caches Reply with quote

Polarone wrote:
For several months now I have been using this notification for up to 10 miles from my home. I have not even been in there to edit them and the last week I have been getting some that are over 20 miles away. I go into my settings and it still says 10 miles. Any suggestions?

I have the opposite problem. There was a new cache less than 2 miles from my house a few days ago and I never got notified.
GeoFishing4Caches
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, same problem here. Getting random notifications that are further away. To the best of my knowledge, I've gotten all of the ones I was supposed to get, just extras. They must have made a change recently.
GPSr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been getting any notifications for a few days. I just use the 'nearest caches' feature. Sad
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Notification for new Caches Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
I have the opposite problem. There was a new cache less than 2 miles from my house a few days ago and I never got notified.

I thought I didn't have this problem but now I just realized I didn't receive a notification for rickrich's new puzzle: Foreword by Dave Ulmer

Update: Just got the notification for that cache and two others. All 3 had posted founds already. Pocket queries are slow too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: