MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Experience Minnesota coin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Experience Minnesota coin Reply with quote

I am so busy today that I can't keep up with the coin email so I am answering the FAQ's here.....
(Also started a new thread because this subject was taking the "more coins" thread off topic - but if you want to know how these coins came to be, read that thread)

The "Experience Minnesota" coin is 1.75", designed in the shape of Minnesota
It is done in hard enamel. The icon is a small canoe. The prefix is MNxxxx. GC.com trackable
There are several editions available.

Experience Minnesota Geocoin pricing...

1) Standard edition, 500+ coins minted - shiny silver with deep blue back, available to anyone worldwide
Price $9.50/ea (see me in person for small discount if you are planning to release a bunch to the wild)

2) Limited edition, 100 coins minted, antique silver, 3D back, available to anyone worldwide
Sold ONLY in sets of one antique silver LE coin and one silver standard edition coin
Price $20.00/set

3) Minnesota cacher XLE edition, 100 coins minted - shiny gold with deep blue back, available to Minnesota cachers ONLY Smile
(current limit of 2 per cacher/team/group - I want anybody who wants one to have a chance at one) - must be verifiable MN cacher
Price $9.50/ea

4) Minnesota "old timer" XXXLE edition, 20 coins minted - antique gold, 3D back, available only to founders, GEM era members and original board members
(strict limit of 1 per cacher/team/group/couple)
Priceless!!!

I have a copper/sage green LE of 100 coins that will be used for special/online trades (*Noles doesn't have one - imagine that!)
I also have a "pink" Confused edition that will be released into the wild - you will see them out and about (already activated)

Postage will be around $2.50+ depending on how many coins you buy (unless you want them shipped internationally)
or, better yet, you can save postage if you see me at events or out caching
I take paypal, but would prefer check or MO... email me privately for ordering - I'll send you an address or an invoice
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wondering how much of my bank account to drag with me tomorrow.... heh Wink
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to reserve my limit on each and every one of these coins. Thanks CENTRIS!!!!! Wink Shocked
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience Minnesota coin Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
3) Minnesota cacher XLE edition, 100 coins minted - shiny gold with deep blue back, available to Minnesota cachers ONLY Smile
(current limit of 2 per cacher/team/group - I want anybody who wants one to have a chance at one) - must be verifiable MN cacher
Price $9.50/ea

I have less than 10 of these left... current limit of one per MN cacher

These will be totally sold out by the end of the week -- the "value" of your coin just tripled!!! Keep in mind that part of their value lies in the fact that they were strictly sold to MN cachers only -- don't go nuts when the hard core, out of state, coin collectors start offering you trades.
Most of them are blissfully unaware that this edition of the coin even exists, but that will change very soon.

ACTIVATE 'em and keep 'em!!! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience Minnesota coin Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Centris wrote:
Price $9.50/ea

I have less than 10 of these left... current limit of one per MN cacher

I'll take one! I sent you an email a few days ago but haven't received a response.
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my coins today Laughing Laughing But man, its going to be hard to put them out in the wild, they just look great. Laughing Even the surprise pink one in there looks great. Laughing
And thank you so much for that special one, it really does mean a lot to me.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOLD COINS ARE SOLD OUT!!
If you have a confirmed order, you have one, otherwise --- no.
I do not have any extras squirreled away, not even for friends -- they are gone!
If you want one, you will have to find somebody who bought two and will part with one or trade for one.

*** I am suspending sales on the silver LE sets until all the local pending orders are cleared.
I had previously set aside 20 of the LE sets to make available to folks outside of MN, some are already loaded into the auction queue.... if you MUST have an LE set, that is probably the only way to get one.

I still have standard coins left.

I also have HUNDREDS of the KB coins left.... come and get 'em!!!
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats with the success of this....I was worried about you....

but I wouldn't want the headaches with all of this...
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Experience Minnesota coin Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
The icon is a small canoe.

No it's not! That's OK, I like it even better this way. Smile
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience Minnesota coin Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Centris wrote:

Yeah -- after going the rounds with groundspeak about the icon being broken for weeks and weeks on end, I finally ended up submitting the icon you see on the coin now and that one worked.

It is a really long and uninteresting story filled with @#$%..... (trust me)
After you pay extra $$$ for these things, you would think they could simply put the pixels on the page... but they can't.
Glad you like the 4 color icon better than the canoe.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW -- I currently have ELEVEN of the LE gold coins in my possession. These are the ones that have been reserved for sale to MN residents only.

The reason I have these is that some of the people who ordered them never sent in their $$ for them. It has been a month now, so I am offering them to anyone who does not already have one. Either email me or PM me and I'll send you my snail mail.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience Minnesota coin Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
Centris wrote:

Yeah -- after going the rounds with groundspeak about the icon being broken for weeks and weeks on end, I finally ended up submitting the icon you see on the coin now and that one worked.

It is a really long and uninteresting story filled with @#$%..... (trust me)
After you pay extra $$$ for these things, you would think they could simply put the pixels on the page... but they can't.
Glad you like the 4 color icon better than the canoe.

I thought it was because the canoe looked too much like kayakerinme's...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: