MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 19th MnGCA caching event

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: July 19th MnGCA caching event Reply with quote

The planning for the July 19th event in Carver county's Lake Minnewashta Regional Park is coming together. Ladybug has done the lion's share of the planning already and now I need to get my pieces in place. Watch for an event cache page to be set up by this weekend.

We're planning on having an all day event this time. Plan on finding a bunch of temporary caches in the morning, picnic and meeting at noonish and a fun, themed multi-cache in the afternoon.

What I need now are volunteers to place temporary caches in the park. These will be 1-day caches for the event only and will not be posted on geocaching.com. Don't worry hunters, you can still get credit by posting finds on the event page like we did for the picnic last month.

Please contact me soon if you would like to place a cache. You have your choice - do one for the themed series for the afternoon (these will be creative and fun to do I think), do a standard one for the morning, or one of each.

Thanks and see you at the event,
towlebooth
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Event page is finally up!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=78251

Also wanted to say that by "temporary" caches for the event we mean that these can be just for the event with no write up on geocaching.com or can be caches like Centris's Ingrid's Place which are on geocaching.com but are brought to events. Up to you. Either way, please get the coords to me by email before the day of the event or by 8:45 at the shelter. We want to get everything set so people can get hunting as early as 9:00 am.

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by towlebooth on Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Whoops -- sorry..... "Ingrid's Place" has been archived since the April Wisconsin event. I figured it had lived out it's event lifespan and was getting old. Confused I'll see if I can get it unarchived this week.

Surprised No pressure intended, just an example that a lot of us have seen.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Spent yesterday evening walking Minnewashta Regional Park with Jillibean and Carver County Parks coordinator, Lenny Schmitz (Carverguy here in our forum). Jill and I had visited the park before, but getting a guided tour really showed off what a cool park this is! Hopefully our mystery multi-cache will show you some neat parts of the park as well. Looks like we will have a hub cache where you will learn the nature of the mystery, 5-6 satellite caches, and the final solution. We had fun putting it together - hope it pays off for everyone.

Some notes on the park:
--Please park only in designated areas. Lenny made a point to warn us about parking. Parking is enforced by the local sherriffs, not the park people. In addition to the $30 ticket the state legislature has tacked on an additional $60 onto the tickets as of July 1st. Shocked
Vechicles with boats/trailers can only park in boat launch parking lots while vechiles without trailers can not park in boat launch lots. Short answer: park your car without a boat trailer in the lot at our shelter, #3 (event coordinates).

--Our shelter has a grill (can someone volunteer to bring charcoal?), power, water, sand volleyball. The park also has a great beach and a playground.

--As has been mentioned before, bring bug dope.

--Weather forecast looks great for Saturday! Cool See you there!
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time was had by all -- thanks so much Jilli-booth and Lady Bug!
We all appreciate your hard work
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Very Happy Smile Cool Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I couldn't make it, but I found out that there was going to be a send-off ceremony at the Xcel Energy Center for Mn. National Guard soldiers being deployed to Bosnia, and I felt it was more important for me to go to that instead--even though I'm not being deployed (yet), I have quite a few friends who are. I'll be at the next event, though. Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun!!!
Queen Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Sorry I missed it! Reply with quote

The picnic sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'm still getting use to geocaching, but I'm learning fast. This would have been a great learning experience, I'm sure.

Congratulations to all on what looks like it was a successful day!
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry I missed it! Reply with quote

Queen Boreas wrote:
The picnic sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'm still getting use to geocaching, but I'm learning fast. This would have been a great learning experience, I'm sure.

Congratulations to all on what looks like it was a successful day!

Met some good people there - would have liked to met you as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: