MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GARMIN MAPSOURCE INFO FYI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: GARMIN MAPSOURCE INFO FYI Reply with quote

We are using the brand new version of CITY SELECT Version 4.01

Today we were out geocaching on the new scenic byway which runs between Silver Bay and Hoyt Lakes. FYI: Our GARMIN V seemed to be confused until we realized that the roads had been recently changed to accomodate the new scenic byway. Once we got on the old road portions the mapping system worked fine.

Also, in checking the businesses in the town of Ely, which we are familiar with, we found that many of the businesses are not located in the correct spot- if using this system you might check the locations of a town with which you are familiar.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience has been with Garmin's MetroGuide maps. I've found that the POIs for businesses and specific addresses typically get you to the right block. not right to the door.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In checking the city of Ely, bussnesses were of in some cases by several block- in fact one drugstore is marked as being in what is a residential area. Other businesses were off by a block or two-not even on the same strett- but others are right on-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: