MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MN Geocoin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajayhawkfan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
I know someone who is releasing ~100 personal geocoins in Minnesota. Why that person asked me if I wanted one remains a mystery to me when they know full well my feelings about geocoins.

But at least you know that it's someone and it's not one of the people you listed Nola Wink

Now I want to know, what are your feeling on geocoin?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: MN Geocoin Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Then there are these...... Team Petey "claim" to be the first MN trackable coin Rolling Eyes, but they aren't ... it is a Wisconsin cacher's personal geocoin that has a MN/WI landmark on it... not a MN coin, nor a MN cacher coin.

Not to defend, but to marginally clarify (as your post wasn't clear to me):

Team Petey is a Wisconsin cacher (actually a family) that is producing a coin that has a MINNESOTA landmark on it, not MN/WI. To me that makes it a MN coin, regardless of the residence of the producer.

He also "claims" to be producing a personal geocoin right from the start - not hiding anything.

Link to the original MnGCA forum thread on Petey's coin
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajayhawkfan wrote:
I know someone who is releasing ~100 personal geocoins in Minnesota. Why that person asked me if I wanted one remains a mystery to me when they know full well my feelings about geocoins.

But at least you know that it's someone and it's not one of the people you listed Nola Wink

Marsha cut his allowance so he can't afford them. Smile
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajayhawkfan wrote:

I know his exact feelings. But if I posted it here, I'd get banned for bad language.

As for who the cacher is that is developing it. I'm sure that he/she will let everyone know. I'm also sure that he/she has discussed it with a few other cachers. But didn't want the entire forum to be notified until there was something concrete.

BUT IF HE DOESN'T ANOUNCE IT HERE FIRST, IT WILL BE "JOHNNY GET YOUR GUN!" TIME. Laughing
ajayhawkfan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
ajayhawkfan wrote:

Marsha cut his allowance so he can't afford them. Smile

Ohhhhh, I understand, SHE wears the pants in the family.....how sad. Laughing
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajayhawkfan wrote:

It's not so bad now that the icons aren't cluttering the main stats page but I just don't care for the "icon hounds" or the recent upswing in the "coin logging" (like the olden days of TB notation).
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
As for who the cacher is that is developing it. I'm sure that he/she will let everyone know. I'm also sure that he/she has discussed it with a few other cachers. But didn't want the entire forum to be notified until there was something concrete.

Now we know who it is..... shhhhhhhh your secret is safe Wink

Pear Head wrote:
Team Petey is a Wisconsin cacher (actually a family) that is producing a coin that has a MINNESOTA landmark on it, not MN/WI. To me that makes it a MN coin, regardless of the residence of the producer.

He also "claims" to be producing a personal geocoin right from the start - not hiding anything.

I'm just giong by what he has posted on ebay.... it is listed as "the most sought after, limited edition, unactivated, trackable, Geocoin available ANYWHERE. And, itís a FIRST EDITION coin! Also the this is the FIRST and ONLY trackable geocoin representing Minnesota."

.... I sell plenty of geocoins on ebay and I would never have listed it as a MN coin. I would have listed it as a Team Petey coin. Lots of cachers have landmarks on their personal coins... that doesn't make them a state coin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WindChill
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MN Geocoin Reply with quote

ajayhawkfan wrote:

I would try for the FTF if I did not have to drive through Iowa.....AGAIN!!! Very Happy

HEY! What's that supposed to mean Mad Question
See if we invite you to feed our mosquitos again Laughing Wink
ajayhawkfan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: MN Geocoin Reply with quote

WindChill wrote:
ajayhawkfan wrote:

I would try for the FTF if I did not have to drive through Iowa.....AGAIN!!! Very Happy

HEY! What's that supposed to mean Mad Question
See if we invite you to feed our mosquitos again Laughing Wink

You were not supose to see that. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: