MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Boreas 1000th cache event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANOTHER REQUEST Very Happy

Also if anybody wants to meet up with us and take CCCOOPER caching on Wednesday afternoon/evening that would be helpful too. I need somebody to take her before 5pm.

I also need somebody to take her Thursday morning until the weeknight caching crew does their thing..... (unless of course whoever keeps her Wednesday overnight can take her around on Thursday too)

Please, please, please????

The rest of the days and nights are taken care of through zoejam.... thanks for all your help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
ANOTHER REQUEST Very Happy

Also if anybody wants to meet up with us and take CCCOOPER caching on Wednesday afternoon/evening that would be helpful too. I need somebody to take her before 5pm.

I also need somebody to take her Thursday morning until the weeknight caching crew does their thing..... (unless of course whoever keeps her Wednesday overnight can take her around on Thursday too)

Please, please, please????

The rest of the days and nights are taken care of through zoejam.... thanks for all your help.

I can do Wed Eve. I get off of work at 330pm so anytime around 4pm for a meet up depending on where you are. Is there a specific area of town she would not have seen by then?
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be available to take her out on Thursday afternoon. I work until about 12:30- 1:00pm. So soon after that I could pick her up. Then take her pre-weekNIGHT caching in the Southwest Metro, and then onto the weekNIGHT caching in Excelsior. Anyone want to join us on Thursday afternoon, let me know. If this is all okayed by schedule master Centris Very Happy .

Then after weekNIGHT, we will find a way to get her into the hands of Zoejam. Centris, I will PM you with a phone number so that you can confirm with me if you wish.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't keep up with the coin email tonight so I am answering more FAQ's here.....
Some of this is repetitive -- sorry, it's just that I get these same questions over and over

The "King Boreas 1000th Hide" coin is 1.75" in diameter
It is done in soft enamel. The icon is a crown and ammo box. The prefix is KBxxxx

KB Geocoin pricing...

AT THE EVENT ONLY --- 7/16/06
Price $7.00/ea (this is fairly close to actual coin cost) - it's a great deal
You can have as many silver and brass finish coins as you want at this price during the event
!! I am not taking any more coin reservations !!

Prices after the event
1) Gold finish LE coins - they are numbered 001-100
Most are spoken for already, some will be offered on ebay.
If you MUST have one that you did not previously reserve - see me

2) Silver finish coins - they are numbered 101- 500
Price $8.00/ea

3) Brass finish coins (they look exactly the same as the gold finish but will slowly age to a nice patina) - they are numbered 501- 999
Price $8.00/ea

4) Black nickel coin - numbered 1000
Priceless Cool

Postage will be around $2.50+ depending on how many coins you buy (unless you want them shipped internationally)
or, better yet, you can save postage if you see me at events or out caching
I take paypal, but would prefer check or MO... email me privately for the address or to be invoiced
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exclamation Now for the more interesting stuff......

Arrow I have given out a few of the "proof" coins and put a few in caches. You can recognize them due to the fact that they are not numbered, have no tracking number and are sealed in an Air-tite coin holder. If you find one or have one, they are exchangeable for a freebie regular KB coin.... or if you don't want to do that, you can keep the proof coin and consider it to be a cache trade item. There are 2 silver and 4 brass ones out in circulation right now.

Arrow In the interest of full disclosure..... There are also 25 super-secret, black nickel, 1000th hide, "clone" coins (not even KB knew they existed - until now) They are trackable and all numbered with a star in front of the 1000 to differentiate them from the one and only original coin #1000. The black coin is very striking - it is my favorite of all the editions.
-- I have not yet decided their pricing or if they will be sold at all or how they will be sold -- it all depends on if I break even on the rest of these coins
They may end up being cache prizes or FTF prizes or used for some special event or occasion-- time will tell

Now I am going to BED!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See all the pictures that I took at the event here: http://gallery.lazylightning.org/gc-20060716
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Bleh..... SB is a sneaky bugger

I thought the event was WAY fun.... at least I had a good time!!
I had a good time talking to everybody. Even though my ADD kicked in repeatedly.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Rolling Eyes Bleh.....

You're just whining b/c I pwnt you w/pictures Wink

Quote:
I thought the event was WAY fun.... at least I had a good time!!
I had a good time talking to everybody. Even though my ADD kicked in repeatedly.

It was a *great* event. Thanks a ton for putting this one on. I love it when someone else has to do everything Wink
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who attended. It ended WAY too soon for me.

Thanks to Centris (and friends).

VERY special thanks to Lynn for visiting Minnesota for 5 days, and to all out-of-state cachers who attended the event.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man what a weekend! Got a ton of stuff to log but I'm beat, I'll have to get to it tomorrow evening.

CCCooperagency Rocks! Had a lot of fun caching with her and the group over the weekend.

Ian, congrats on the milestone, Hope the plaque finds a good resting place over your computer where no doubt you're submitting more caches.

Gilby3, I got a coin for you, when's a good time to meet up? Next weeknight caching event I'd expect?
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just curious as to who won the geoclues game?
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just browsed the cache page this morning and only found one post of the "group photo", and it wasn't one of the "complete/final" ones. Has anyone posted any of the "final" editions of the group photo somewhere?
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
See all the pictures that I took at the event here: http://gallery.lazylightning.org/gc-20060716

Hey SB...I'm just wondering: The pic with Me and Jambro...just wondering if he thought he was getting his pic taken with either KB or CCCooper and his GPSr just put him next to me instead? Twisted Evil

Celticwulf
GPSr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too funny! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic cigar, Gilby. Thanks.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does kinda look lost... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: