MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Boreas 1000th cache event
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: King Boreas 1000th cache event Reply with quote

Just FYI so folks can mark their calendars ----

I am 58% finished with planning the event to celebrate KBs 1000 cache placement.
Tenative date is July 15 or July 22
(don't tell me nobody noticed he has been sitting at 999 for weeks now?)

KB hide #1 was placed July 24 - I'm just trying to get close to the actual anniversary date of cache #1.
Still have not heard back from the park on the reservation yet, but as soon as I do I'll get a event page up with the details.
I have some wonderful surprises in store and (crossing my fingers) some nifty out of town geo-guests!

I'm willing to take on helpers Very Happy at this point.

BTW -- there are those on this forum who like KB and there are those on this forum who hate KB - this event is not about that, it is about giving respect and recognition to a cacher who has reached a huge milestone and has made geocaching in MN a unique experience.

This event is about celebrating the contribution that one person has made to geocaching in the state of Minnesota. What would your stats look like without him??? Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one totally respect KB for what he has accomplished and created here in MN for us (even if I do curse some of his hides when I am searching for them Laughing ). Plus I think KB is a really interesting person to chat with too Smile

I will be there if I can, but with how my days have been going I have no idea what I am doing...but this should be usual by now. I am anticipating what his 1000th hide will be, it will almost certainly be the starting point for one of my travelling coins.

Should be a fun event!

Celticwulf
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
I am anticipating what his 1000th hide will be, it will almost certainly be the starting point for one of my travelling coins.

KB cache 1000 will not be at the event, the event is only a celebration of cache 1000.....

I have seen the preliminary page for #1000 and believe me, you are going to have to WORK for it Shocked It's probably a real good good spot to start your coin .... probably a real good spot to trade coins as well..... I bet ol' KB will stock some cool goodies in the cache box, eh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
celticwulf wrote:
I am anticipating what his 1000th hide will be, it will almost certainly be the starting point for one of my travelling coins.

KB cache 1000 will not be at the event, the event is only a celebration of cache 1000.....

I have seen the preliminary page for #1000 and believe me, you are going to have to WORK for it Shocked It's probably a real good good spot to start your coin .... probably a real good spot to trade coins as well..... I bet ol' KB will stock some cool goodies in the cache box, eh?

You're the second person that's said they've seen what he's planning. I'm just wondering how big the FTF fight will be...I shouldn't even try but I probably will anyway. Wink

Celticwulf
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
You're the second person that's said they've seen what he's planning. I'm just wondering how big the FTF fight will be...I shouldn't even try but I probably will anyway. Wink

No worries about ME being ftf or stf or ttf or any tf for that matter..... I am not even going to try for it.... I HATE swamp grass (LOL)
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: King Boreas 1000th cache event Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
I'm willing to take on helpers Very Happy at this point.

Sounds like fun! I'm willing to lend a hand, if you need anything - you know where to reach me! Smile I will be in Seattle on July 22, but don't let that sway you at all for the dates - please go with what's best for KB and the out of town guests. I'll do what I can either way, thanks, sounds like fun!

-Ken
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: King Boreas 1000th cache event Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
I'm willing to lend a hand

*Noles is in charge of making sure that everybody logs (ooops, sorry, I meant to say "discovers") everybody elses geocoins and gets that last elusive icon on their profile Wink Yes, there will be opportunities available at the event for some serious coin trading Very Happy

Idea On a different note --- If I had some custom designed event T-shirts made up, would there be any interest in that?? They would be made available at cost (plus maybe enough to cover the cost of KB's shirt and another shirt for the prize table).

yay or nay?
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the 15th, I and the family will do our best to attend. If it's the 22nd we'll be in Alaska.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeze - I think the whole state is leaving on the 22nd, what's up with that?? I've got plenty of email from various people who are ALL going out of town that weekend -- so if the "chosen" park is booked that day I guess I'll have to find a second choice that will take us on the 15th. Bleh...

Mark your calendars for July 15th - EVENT!!! Yay!!!!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be coming home from Arrow FLORIDA on the 15th. Crying or Very sad
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well @#$% Ian!!!
Will you be there on the 16th? Evil or Very Mad
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm late in posting here. I'd be happy to provide any assistance you might need, however granted with a large amount of any cachers that will no doubt be wanting to help, I'm not looking to step on any toes, so just fit me in where I can be of some use.

As for the dates. Doesn't matter to me, I don't have any vacations planned in the near future. Hopefully something works out for as many people as possible.

Count me in for a shirt if you decide to get any made up.
TimbreWlf
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey a potential event on a non-military weekend? Count me in. I'll be available for some support, let me know what you need.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I know it going to be on a weekend....which is going to be hard...I'll do my best to make it...
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, how about on the 16th, at Long Lake Regional Park? I found my first Minnesota cache there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: