MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Boreas 1000th cache event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Hey, how about on the 16th, at Long Lake Regional Park? I found my first Minnesota cache there.

Well since you and I just got off the phone and discussed what parks were actually available, and decided on a DIFFERENT park - I already booked it (and put down the $$$ deposit!)

Event WILL be Sunday July 16th at pavillion #2 at River Front Regional Park. We have the shelter all day after 9am. I booked it as "King Boreas 1000 Celebration"

I'm driving over there in a few minutes and getting the coords for the shelter and will get the event page written up as soon as I can. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added it to the MnGCA Geocaching Calendar and have alerted the wife to it too Wink
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't although I wanted to but Duty calls
Posen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo! I'm gonna try for an FTF on his 1,000th in the morning before the event... Wink Maybe I can just get the first DNF!

I'll actually be coming back from Brainerd that day, but let me know which media you want at your party, Ian, and which is your good side for photos! I suppose the appropriate gifts for the party would be Caribou certificates, cookie tins and tupperware...

See you there!
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posen wrote:
I suppose the appropriate gifts for the party would be Caribou certificates, cookie tins and tupperware...

Amberbock....unless it's a dry county park!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Wolf and Wild Rice wrote:
Posen wrote:
I suppose the appropriate gifts for the party would be Caribou certificates, cookie tins and tupperware...

Amberbock....unless it's a dry county park!

Code:
5. Beer and wine are permitted in limited quantities.  "Hard liquor" is not permitted.  A permit from the Parks and Recreation Department is required for "case lot" quantities or kegs of beer.

celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

Code:
5. Beer and wine are permitted in limited quantities.  "Hard liquor" is not permitted.  A permit from the Parks and Recreation Department is required for "case lot" quantities or kegs of beer.

What's considered a case lot? If it's one case, we all just bring 6-packs to share? Wink

Sad how when Centris first posted this I thought it was in June so was confused...still not sure on July but my July is more open so hopefully I can be there.

Celticwulf
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
What's considered a case lot? If it's one case, we all just bring 6-packs to share? Wink

The park lady and I already had this same discussion this morning -- I assured her that it was BYOB and the drinkers in the group would have their own cooler with their own drinks and act responsibly and not make a mess. No kegs and no cases..... (and no litter -- AS IF!!!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better not be any litter, or I'm claiming it as a CITO find, heh!
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, doesn't that just figure? I can do the 15th but not the 16th, so instead I'll have to send my best wishes and a small present to the King from afar. I'll still do whatever I can to help with the event though, just lmk what'cha need! Thanks,

-Ken
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow King Boreas 1000th Hide Cache Bash!! Cool
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh... the second out of town guest has RSVPed Cool (I'm still working on the BIG one... we'll see what happens) It is a party for KB after all...

Anyway... CCCooper needs someone to stay with and someone to pick her up at the airport (and probably go mega-caching with her as well - got to rack up those numbers!!!) She makes you guys with 3K & 4K finds look like amateurs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edit..... I'll pick her up from the airport myself -- She just needs a place to stay and folks to take her caching
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.. Wish I had a few days to take off then, caching with cccooperagency would be an honor.

As it is I'm betting the locals will be fighting over who gets to, so I'll just settle with meeting her at the event.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
She just needs a place to stay and folks to take her caching

She plans on staying Wednesday through Monday.....
I know somebody must have a couch to offer.... I would let her stay here, but I am in the middle of a major house remodel Confused

I think the week-night cachers ought to plan on taking her along with them that week too, eh? Also she is looking to hit a couple in WI while she is here.
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we warn her about passing through to the other side of the "Cheese Curtain"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: