MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New coin spotted on GC.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay.. finally I get a 3 day weekend (as opposed for the last 4 weeks of no weekends, yes that's right, I've worked 12 hour days for the last 4 or 5 weeks, maybe a sunday or saturday off here and there, but it's felt like working a solid month of my life).

So, major plan is to update my coin inventory, and solve a bunch of puzzle caches (somehow I managed to lose my puzzle solver noteriety, so gotta get that back sometime soon).
Team Petey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks Everyone!!! Reply with quote

Thank you SO much for all the nice comments about our new Twin Ports geocoin and, even moreso for your orders! I'm glad you can see that I'm sincere in my efforts to get these coins produced - and that it's NOT about the money. As a matter of fact, there's NO way I'm going to cover my costs. But, that's okay - I'm just proud to be able to represent the Twin Ports - and those of us who geocache up here - with a geocoin.

Here are what the coins are going to look like:

The costs for the coins are:

Polished Gold/Black Coins: 9.00 each
Polished Nickel/Blue Coins: 8.50 each

And, these coins are a FULL TWO INCHES in length!

US Shipping will be $2.50 for up to 2 coins. Above that, US shipping will be $3.50 to a maximum of 4 coins.

In the interest of FULL disclosure, my cost on the coins is just slightly over $7.00 each. If you'd like proof of my costs, I'm more than happy to email you the PDF file invoice from coinsandpins.com.

The 50 Black Nickel Limited Edition Version coins will only be available on eBay. (This is where I'm hoping to recover some of my money...)

Invoicing will NOT occur until I have the actual coins IN HAND.

Finally, I spoke with my rep at Coinsandpins.com and she's informed me that the coins will be shipped to me the second week of June.

If you have an interest, questions or would like to order the coins, please feel free to email me at: DrummerWB@yahoo.com

All the best - and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

-Glen from Team Petey.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone's interested in seeing one of these, I'll have at least one activated one at the Breakfast Buddies event tomorrow, and at least one should be moving around caches in the metro soon I hope. They are nice little coins.

Celticwulf
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple too and I see that pfalstad dropped one in one of his caches.
Team Petey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've activated 5 so far, and put 1 in a cache 2 days ago - and the other 4 will, hopefully, be going into the wild this weekend. I'm hoping to send a total of 50 into the wild worldwide (I'm shipping some activated coins to a cacher in Europe to start - as well as several to other cachers in other states here in the US). I would like to think I'm taking a page from FSU*Noles' playbook here by sending a bunch out there to be truly "found". I must say, since the geocoin population increased up here in the Duluth area recently, it's made caching even more fun than it was before! And, that's ALL thanks all of you who've sent coins back where they belong... in caches. Also, I also need to say "thank you" to those of you who've purchased the coins! I've kept some for trading (about 50) and, like I said, another 50 for setting free, but I still have more coins left if anyone's interested... feel free to contact me!
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want me to start one in Alaska at the end of next month let me know. I'm heading up there for 7 days. Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway. Departing just after mid month.
Team Petey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch Arcticabn! PM sent!
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple that I am going to release also but its going to be hard to let go of them, they are really nice. I also have so many other coins to drop into the wild. Now to get the caching partner to go caching Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: