MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking assistance in dropping coins outside the Cities...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Seeking assistance in dropping coins outside the Cities... Reply with quote

Speaking of coins: next week, I'll be dropping my 50th active coin into a Twin Cities cache, all roughly over the course of the past month. This completes my first goal in coin seeding! Now, it's on to the next. Smile

I'm looking for a volunteer or two that is willing to drop activated coins in other areas of the state: specifically Duluth and north, and a very small number in Rochester and the south. Heck, West would be great too! In other words, any place out of the metro area.

If you're willing to help me out, please drop me an e-mail or PM, and I'll mail ya a coin or two or three, depending on how much time you have to do drops.

Many thanks in advance, much obliged!

-Ken
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the Iowa Event on Friday, if we can meet up, I'm happy to take a coin or TB with me (this offer is open to anyone wanting to move something).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I'm going to the Iowa Event on Friday, if we can meet up, I'm happy to take a coin or TB with me (this offer is open to anyone wanting to move something).

Hey there, thanks for the note! I think Friday will be too soon for me, but I really appreciate the offer...thanks! Next time you're traveling, let me know, and I'm sure we can work something out. Smile

For the rest, I now officially have the West side covered (2 cachers, ~5 coins) and Duluth/North covered (3 cachers, 10-12 coins). In a couple of weeks I'm hoping someone can run a pair to Rochester, please continue to e-mail or pm me if ya want - many thanks as always for the quick replies, y'all are the best!

-Ken
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ken - You can always find out where I'm headed if you'd like. I'll be in Anchorage tomorrow and again next weekend, I'll also be in Honolulu in June. Various other places as well. I'd be happy to move coins for you if you'd like.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jambro wrote:
Hey Ken - You can always find out where I'm headed if you'd like. I'll be in Anchorage tomorrow and again next weekend, I'll also be in Honolulu in June. Various other places as well. I'd be happy to move coins for you if you'd like.

LOL Jim, @#$$ the coins, take ME to Honolulu in June!! Smile

Thx, I'll definitely check in with you, as always I appreciate it. Is it a bad thing if you're jealous of a TB/coin? That can't be healthy...

-Ken
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be taking a road trip this weekend to Cali and I'll be able to drop coins in any of the states I go through.

I think in this order... MN, IA, NE, WY, UT, NV to CA. Let me know if any of these states sound appealing enough for a coin release.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Duluth every weekend. If you need a coin dropped up there left me know.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Seeking assistance in dropping coins outside the Cities. Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
I'm looking for a volunteer or two that is willing to drop activated coins in other areas of the state

I would offer to take one or two out to WY with me this summer, but then it would just eventually fall into the hands of those rabid UT coin collectors Shocked LOL

Send some up Anoka way..... I don't think we have seen any of yours here in MY backyard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading to Washington State, Vancouver Canada, and Alaska at the end of July if you want me to take a few that way.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeking assistance in dropping coins outside the Cities. Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Send some up Anoka way..... I don't think we have seen any of yours here in MY backyard

LOL Centris, ya gotta be quick - I dropped two about 10 days ago, one in Andover and one in the Elm Creek Preserve...and both were picked up within a day. And a third one sat in Andover for 3 days, until Iron Man Dan picked it up today! I've finally assembled 12 coins for Duluth, they're on their way out the door tomorrow. The Western MN coins are already gone and in the volunteer cacher's possession out west. And I handed my last two "local" coins to Gilby today while caching - gimme a couple of days, and I'll run a "Definitive Series" geocoin and another one of your choice (send me your preference) directly to Anoka and drop them there next week. You know you get special treatment from me! Wink

Dave, I'll find ya at the picnic in June if that's ok - I definitely want to send one to BC, and will pr'bly give you a handful if that's ok. I'll be in Seattle July 21-30, if you're there too you're welcome to swing by my parents house in Bellevue for some Chinese food with me and the fam! (We'll need you to control the kids anyway! Or is that control the parents??)

GP, Lucid, and everyone else - huge thanks as always, I'll definitely see what I can do to get something into your hands soon. I'll miss Lucid's trip for sure, but will put a few aside for "emergency reserve". Smile THANKS everyone! Smile

-Ken
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
I'm heading to Washington State, Vancouver Canada, and Alaska at the end of July if you want me to take a few that way.

I just picked up TBs that need to go to Alaska and western Canada..
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be heading up to the park rapids area sometime in July. If anyone has coins or TB that want to go north, let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: