MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chippewa Valley, WI EVENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPSr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks egyptian to me. By the way great looking coin!
Msea
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I just got back from Chippewa Valley and got 22 of the caches. I have been down to that area a number of times, ironnically, our cat came from my brothers house in Elk Mound and our Pomeranian came from a lady who lives by the library in Eau Claire, we joked we shouldn't leave town without another pet! He had never been there and we are always looking for new places and excuses to go camping so we headed out for an adults only weekend - NO KIDS!!! Yippee! We tore up alot of freeway partially my fault for not planning ahead real well, but a good time exploring. The Leinie Lodge was a favorite, of course! Met some nice guys enjoying some frosty Coors light and disc golfing at 9:30 Sunday morning, who explained the game to us, looks more frustrating than normal golf to me. Met a nice guy at the Rod and Gun club, his mother in law helped plant some of these I believe. We nicknamed Racing the River the Willy Wonka cache because for about 5 minutes I thought I was losing it because I smelled chocolate, then he told me what we were by.

Thanks for putting it together. I only have one suggestions less Wheaton woods, that was our first and I though "uh oh" and more Red Cedar River Trail, that was awesome!! We both noticed how clean everywhere we went was. That was a nice change from some of the areas I have been recently. We did only a bit of CITO in a couple parking areas. Thanks again!

Also the punch on the Chippewa River Trail is sticking really bad, I had to tear it off the paper and took me a bit for it to pop up.
kent1915
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Just an update for all of you who are registering, playing, or just curious. As of 8 am this morning there were 436 people registered from MN, WI, California, Oregon, Kentucky and the Carolinas. While I am just one of the two humble cachers that helped set this up, I have gotta say; H*@Y CRAP! I am past impressed. Thank you all for making this a success and keep on coming!!!
Posen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family just finished getting them all over memorial weekend (even logged a meeting with bnb for extra credit!) and we thought it was awesome...great spots and just enough to take up a weekend without frying the three boys we "drag" out to find tupperware with us.

Thanks for a wonderful event!
darus67
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a hotel reservation for this friday night in Chippewa Falls.
Gonna head over after work, crash, get up at O-dark:30, cache 'till I drop and then come home. Might try caching a few friday on the way over, if I've got time.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tommorrow I'll be going into work VERY early so that I can get a start out the door early. I have a few caches in MN planned and then will be going into the foreign land and pointing myself towards Menominie (SP). After that to bed in Eau Claire only to be up at a very early hour Fri Morn to hit the caches in Eau Claire before finishing my route over to Ft McCoy for a 2 week vitsit. PolarOne will be joining me and I have 162 caches logged into the GPSr for this. Not sure if these will last the whole time I am there. Very Happy
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Camo, don't forget the war paint.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
Good Luck Camo, don't forget the war paint.

Thanks, already got it on Twisted Evil Them der Wisconies 'ill never see me comin'
kent1915
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Just hope Reply with quote

Just hope we don't see ya and count coupe!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wisconsin knows about geocaching? i'd better go check it out.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event went well and was very thought out. We found all but 3 of the caches (not including the pay ones) while we were there. One cache was muggled so we called and let them know. We picked up what pieces we could find and will drop them off as the container was gone. PolarOne stayed in the vechile on a few of the caches as she was a bit worn out. (no she didn't get any punches). Yes the clue for one of them was once again gone so I had to call CW on the cahce. I think there was 1 maybe 2 more caches where I used my phone a friend. From Thur at 1400 when I stepped out of the office until 800pm on Fri was our cache trip into WI. I ended up hitting 40 in all with 1 DNF but it was a cache I had done before and was possibly missing. Fun was had by all, no Coupe was counted on Camo's head, in fact we saw no other cachers, but recognized quite a few MN names on the logs.
Polarone
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the even I was a couple short then Camo because some I was just getting too tired so I got 22 of them. Then also some other live caches. Total of 32 for me. We ran into some turtles. Camo even picked up one. Then another one was laying eggs in the middle of the trail. Had a great time.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin ROCKS. I'm jealous.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caches with free beer coupons ...

Loopy's ROCKS!
darus67
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got info Chippewa Falls about 10pm friday, and crashed for the night. I had hoped to get out of The Cities earlier and hit a few of the Menomonie caches on the way over, but that was not to be. Got up sat morning and headed out. I went 2 for 5 in Chippewa Falls. 2 of the DNFs were probably easy caches, but I was just not comfortable poking around in the bushes by a BANK in full view of downtown, nor hopping a fence in full view of the Leinie Lodge.

After a bite to eat, I hit a couple regular caches before heading south to EauClaire.
I went 5 for 7 there. The 2 DNFs were in areas where I just could not maintain a satelite lock. At one, I thought I found the feature described by the hint, but couldn't find the cache.
I did find a golfball, however. I'm not sure I want to know how it got that deep in the woods.
I also grabbed one regular cache that was in very close proximity to one of the contest caches. By this time it was late afternoon, and I was tired, dirty, smelly, and hungry. I decided I had enjoyed as much caching as I could stand for the day and headed for the Visitor's Bureau office to turn in my entry. I turned in my entry, chatted with the ladies in the office, and got my coin. I didn't know Jesus was a geocacher!
As I was ready to leave, the lady behind the desk asked if I'd found the cache on site at the office. I hadn't even noticed that there was one. I found it, for 1 last regular cache before I grabbed dinner and headed west.

It was a lot of fun. I just wish I'd had another day to spend so I coud have gotten to Menomonie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: