MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A request for WeekNIGHT for next Wed 4/26
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: A request for WeekNIGHT for next Wed 4/26 Reply with quote

Whoever's going to plan/choose site for WeekNIGHT on Wed 4/26 (I heard and read unconfirmed rumors that it's Cooky, but not verified), I have a request:

I have a co-worker at my local office here who is a GPS'er for fishing, but has not Geocached yet. He has expressed an interest for quite some time in finally getting started Geocaching, and in joining us one night for WNC. He stopped by me this morning and told me he'd like to finally join us next Wed 4/26, and he plans to bring his boys aged 12 and 14.

Any chance whoever plans it can make it a point to choose a cache hunt similar to last night's (a nice hike and cache in a nice park and/or trail system), as opposed to an urban micro hunt?

(FYI, I've already put him on notice that occasional "colorful language" can be heard during WNC; he told me his boys are quite used to it Wink )

Thanks!
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: A request for WeekNIGHT for next Wed 4/26 Reply with quote

drat19 wrote:
Any chance whoever plans it can make it a point to choose a cache hunt similar to last night's (a nice hike and cache in a nice park and/or trail system), as opposed to an urban micro hunt?

I agree.. And let's finish with "Pile of Rocks Behind the SuperAmerica IV", I've heard good things about that series.
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: A request for WeekNIGHT for next Wed 4/26 Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
drat19 wrote:

I agree.. And let's finish with "Pile of Rocks Behind the SuperAmerica IV", I've heard good things about that series.

Yeah, that'll make a great first impression to newcomers!
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I think it's more fun to do the multis and long hike caches as a group. I can knock off the urban micros on my own.
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Seriously, I think it's more fun to do the multis and long hike caches as a group. I can knock off the urban micros on my own.

And equally seriously: I couldn't agree more! I had as much fun last night caching as I have a quite some time...good company with the group, and a great cache/location that I wouldn't have otherwise visited if not for the fact that the cache(s) were there. I truly enjoyed the dam and then the trail system in the park there, and walking along the river. THAT's what caching used to be all about...and can be again.
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT'S TRUE! I'm setting up next week! Drat I have a request. How about winning lottery numbers? I was thinking about doing a Micro run since you all Luv them sooo much. But since new people are comeing I will look for something, somewhere that will be a pleasent experiance. And hopefully rememberable. In some way. Rolling Eyes We shall see....Tune in next week
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneied Cooky wrote:
IT'S TRUE! I'm setting up next week! Drat I have a request. How about winning lottery numbers? I was thinking about doing a Micro run since you all Luv them sooo much. But since new people are comeing I will look for something, somewhere that will be a pleasent experiance. And hopefully rememberable. In some way. Rolling Eyes We shall see....Tune in next week

Thanks, Cook! Cool (We should make this the standard every week, don'tcha think??)
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could all go do GPS Knowledge Challenge. Nice multi. 2 mile round trip walk. Of course it will probably take all of you to find it. Twisted Evil

I think of the normal crew only SB has done it.
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
You could all go do GPS Knowledge Challenge. Nice multi. 2 mile round trip walk. Of course it will probably take all of you to find it. Twisted Evil

Link please?
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat19 wrote:
Arcticabn wrote:

Link please?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=42b4d710-b799-4cc6-a73b-017fd1b9fce4
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do decide to do this one. I'll make sure that Cooky has a list of the waypoints. Just in case you get stumped on one.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, I really like that park there...and hey (just to taunt SB), there's a Granite City just up the road from there Laughing

Celticwulf
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
If you do decide to do this one. I'll make sure that Cooky has a list of the waypoints. Just in case you get stumped on one.

Stumped? Smile I've been going out with the WeekNIGHT crew for almost six months now. I'm sure we'll need that cheatsheet. Laughing
Edward Gibbon: "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging of the future but by the past."
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Idea of "Doing the Challange" with the weeknight crew. I'm sure the language would be very colorful! But it may be a little hard core for someones first taste of the whole caching experiance.(IMHO) I have an Idea of a where to go but Arcticabn has left his mark there already. I guess I'll have to come up with some place good for after! to maybe tempt him to show.
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do the Challenge, we may need to consider a 6:30PM start time, you think??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: