MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KB third in the world in caches placed!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EelSid
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: KB third in the world in caches placed! Reply with quote

Check out this link to Geocaching Sweden.

Congratulations to Kingboreas at number 3! And he only needs to place two more caches to make number 2.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon the trolls will be appearing.

Last edited by King Boreas on Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
MNSledHead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go KB! Nicely done!
Ko_tis_vey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah! For the King!
glisher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me I am not really impressed with someone making caches from boy scout troops tree planting or a maintence shed. His coordinates are usally off and he puts lame stuff in his caches you can usally jump out of you car and find it in a couple of minutes its all about the #'s not about a challenge or a true reward. You can thank him for the easy caches but was his caches truely somthing that mattered
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As site admin I just want to ask everyone to keep this thread civil. The above is fine - everyone is entitled to their own opinions but let's not let it spiral out of control.

(Little preemptive note)
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's IT ! more park 'n log caches in the very near future.

THANKS for the inspiration.

Last edited by King Boreas on Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a constructive thought for Glisher...

If you don't like the caches that are out there, perhaps YOU should place some, or perhaps maybe even (OMG!) log your comments on the cache pages when you find them, so that the people who do go thru the (not so easy as you seem to think) task of placing caches can get some feedback.

I myself have not yet encountered what I would consider a 'Park & Log' Kingboreas cache. Of course, a 2 yr old and an infant make getting anywhere a production some days, much less going geocaching. So perhaps some of us other geocachers may appreicate caches that aren't rated 5/5.

P.S. I case you hadn't figured it out, most of K.B's caches are only listed to 2 decimal places. If it's got trailing zeros, that's the hint. Of course, if the caches are so easy to find, then the coordinates shouldn't matter, should they....
jonsom
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some of KB's caches that have taken me 3 or 4 visits to find, and some have been very easy. To me it's just a game that I enjoy. For a while I was not happy that KB only gave two numbers past the decimal point, but would it be better to hike a mile and have the coordinates bring you to within 3 square feet, or a short hike to an area of a 100 square feet to search?
Just search for the caches that you will enjoy and don't search for the caches that don't interest you. Just have fun.
bobhiker
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy This is an activity that is just a game. It is unique in that it is a world-wide activity that involves people from many different backrounds and ideals. We all have our idea on how it should be played, but others have their ideas as well. We are all different, and get different things out of this game. Please be respectful of these differences in the way people participate in this activity. Lets use this forum to work together positively, not to rip on each other negatively. If you have an issue with someone, email them privately. If you can't work it out in that way, let one of the baord members know, and maybe something can be worked out. Very Happy
Team Slytherin
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, we are based in England but have done over 60 caches in Minnesota. Many of them have been KB caches. Some are easy, some are not but that's pretty much the same for most cache hiders.

Kim lived in St. Paul for... well, a long time... before she moved to the UK, but KB's caches are in many local parks that she had never even heard of, never mind visited.

We are having a discussion in the UK about cache quality, and the conclusion seems to be. If you don't like them, don't do them. But let everyone else make their own mind up.

Alex.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas: anyway, top 10 is cool enough for me

King Boreas: I can't tell anything by the profile-so I'll claim the #1 solo title

Why don't you come back where you found that? No censors there, bucko.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This past Christmas day, I took out my new GPSr that I had gotten as a gift and found my first cache. It was Near the Cottonwood Trail by kingboreas. A few minutes after logging my find, I received a nice email from the King himself, welcoming me to the sport.

This afternoon I had find number 100, Rice Creek Repository, appropriately enough, also by kingboreas. I think one or two caches in between were also placed by him. Wink

Your efforts have been much appreciated by me, kingboreas.

Moe the Sleaze
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Moe! That was fast!!
glisher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
-Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: