MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bikeathon! 5:00 PM Monday 17th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Bikeathon! 5:00 PM Monday 17th Reply with quote

Weather pending, GeoPierce, CelticWulf and myself plan on biking/caching the Minnetonka bike trail's Bikeathon series.

We hope to meet up at the trail head at 5:00 PM and go from there. I just wanted to extend an invite out to anyone who wants to get some fresh air and a find a few caches, too!
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a link for a starting cache?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by the gas station to make sure my tires are good to go. Here's where we'll start: Bikeathon - Mill
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a57223a0-18bf-4ffb-b309-fc5599c228a2
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I thought it was 5:30...but then again I'm a slacker...hopefully I can get my bike fixed up by then...5 it is...

Celticwulf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to start at the cache site, or meet at the Kmart or Bridge St. mentioned in the cache details?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celticwulf wrote:
Here I thought it was 5:30...but then again I'm a slacker...hopefully I can get my bike fixed up by then...5 it is...

Celticwulf

We'll see if anyone else wants to join us and see what time the majority want to meet. 5 or 5:30, doesn't matter to me.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Do you want to start at the cache site, or meet at the Kmart or Bridge St. mentioned in the cache details?

I would guess the Bridge St. Location, since I think Kmart is at the other end...unless you want to park on that end Zman and bike to the Mill cache to meet us and then drive us back to the cars when we're done Twisted Evil

Celticwulf
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can attend..depends on how this weekend turns out.

Let you know on Monday if I can get my bike to work with me.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bikeathon! 5:00 PM Monday 17th Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
Weather pending, GeoPierce, CelticWulf and myself plan on biking/caching the Minnetonka bike trail's Bikeathon series.

We hope to meet up at the trail head at 5:00 PM and go from there. I just wanted to extend an invite out to anyone who wants to get some fresh air and a find a few caches, too!

Good for you guys. It's a very fun series. I have a bit of advice if you want it. Parking, timing, what to expect, and a lifeline if needed.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bikeathon! 5:00 PM Monday 17th Reply with quote

TheGilby3 wrote:
Good for you guys. It's a very fun series. I have a bit of advice if you want it. Parking, timing, what to expect, and a lifeline if needed.

I've been looking at each of the caches in the series on Google Maps and they all look like they are right on the trail or really close except for a few, like Bikeathon - Curves. Are they all on the trail? Just want to know what to expect.

I also see that there are 3 more new ones. Are we gonna do these too?
GCVED6 Bikeathon - Adopt-a-Trail
GCVED9 Bikeathon - Curves 2
GCVEDH Bikeathon - Adopt-a-Trail 2

I'm game for as many as we can do before it gets dark, unless there are lights along the trail.

Anyone?

Looking forward to it!
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just set up a pocket query with the nearest 200 active caches to the one GP said we're starting at. I'm waiting for it to run right now, but as soon as I get it in Gmail if anyone else would like it, let me know and I can forward it to whatever email you like. I haven't filtered out my finds at all, so all active nearby should be fine and you'll just have to filter however you like with GSAK or another program you may use. Hope this will help if people are coming along.

Celticwulf
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it appears as if PQs are down for the time being.

I've generated a list of all nearby caches that have 'Bikeathon' in them and have uploaded it here.

I for one will be in the K-mart parking lot. See people at 5:00!
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...stupid PQ hasn't run yet...and I started it before I posted that message Shocked

I used Lucid's list to get stuff to my GPSr, although I didn't put in the two KB ones that were 190 miles away Wink

So meeting at Kmart...I guess that works...now to locate the Kmart Razz

<edit> google mapped the coords for the Kmart...I guess Lucid wants us to start from the other end of the trail...that work for you GP?

Celticwulf
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... you're right. K-mart is on the other side of the trail. Someone give me coords for the other side.

Yea, KB does have a few 'Bikeathon' caches. I was too lazy to remove them so they're in the .GPX anyway. I was hoping you wouldn't take that much of a detour to go find them in Southern MN Wink
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
Hmmm... you're right. K-mart is on the other side of the trail. Someone give me coords for the other side.

Yea, KB does have a few 'Bikeathon' caches. I was too lazy to remove them so they're in the .GPX anyway. I was hoping you wouldn't take that much of a detour to go find them in Southern MN Wink

see the page that GP linked too in this posting:

GeoPierce wrote:
I stopped by the gas station to make sure my tires are good to go. Here's where we'll start: Bikeathon - Mill
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a57223a0-18bf-4ffb-b309-fc5599c228a2

and take the one that's NOT the Kmart Wink

Celticwulf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: