MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dir at RBNC encourages Caching.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Dir at RBNC encourages Caching. Reply with quote

I was talking with John Blackmer, the Director of the River Bend Nature Center in Faribault, about the Aug 14, 2004 event. He encourages caching as long as you stick to the rules and please ask permission first. The only reason is, that there is an endagered species of flower in the park. "Just avoid that area. You can do what you want in the rest of the park.... ...I encourage any non motorized activity in the parks." He actually gave me suggestions where to place 2 caches or a multicache.

That is pretty much what all the parks are about. Keep the trampling on the flowers and other plants to a minimum. He has an account on GC.com (RBNC) and keep an eye on the caches that pop up.
He would be a great person that would be on our side while talking to other park departments about geocaching.

Thanks John!
Shane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: