MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Southern MN CITO Day?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Toby Tyler
Geocacher


Joined: 22 Mar 2006

Posts: 16
Location: Big Sky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Southern MN CITO Day? Reply with quote

Since I live in southern Minnesota (Mankato) and I do not make it to the cities all the time. I was wondering if there was any interest in setting up a CITO event in southern Minnesota in the near future. This event does not neccessarily have to be on the same as the international CITO day. People from the cities and all over would be invited. Let me know if the interest is there and I would work to set something up.
Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Nov 2002

Posts: 1270
Location: Saint Paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Southern MN CITO Day? Reply with quote

Toby Tyler wrote:
Since I live in southern Minnesota (Mankato) and I do not make it to the cities all the time. I was wondering if there was any interest in setting up a CITO event in southern Minnesota in the near future. This event does not neccessarily have to be on the same as the international CITO day. People from the cities and all over would be invited. Let me know if the interest is there and I would work to set something up.
Thanks!


It's a great thing to do even if only 3 people can attend. If you each pick up 1 or 2 bags of trash you've really helped the park. Go for it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 22 Feb 2004

Posts: 1424

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Southern MN CITO Day? Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
It's a great thing to do even if only 3 people can attend. If you each pick up 1 or 2 bags of trash you've really helped the park. Go for it!


Heh, I remember such an event up here in swede hollow a while back...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Nov 2002

Posts: 1270
Location: Saint Paul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Southern MN CITO Day? Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
towlebooth wrote:
It's a great thing to do even if only 3 people can attend. If you each pick up 1 or 2 bags of trash you've really helped the park. Go for it!


Heh, I remember such an event up here in swede hollow a while back...


We had 4 people in the pouring rain. Good times!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 22 Feb 2004

Posts: 1424

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck I'd do that event again, I felt rather elite being in a small group like that, picking up trash in the rain and all.

So case in point, if you make an event, people will go, even if it's a small group, you'll be doing something good and can still have fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toby Tyler
Geocacher


Joined: 22 Mar 2006

Posts: 16
Location: Big Sky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kind of like the field of dreams theory...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2438
Location: Exploring Minnesota

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was wondering if there was any interest in setting up a CITO event in southern Minnesota


Hey now ... if you're talking our favorite park, and it's an "open" day for me, I'm there. HEH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2438
Location: Exploring Minnesota

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, I need to stock up on firewood. Very Happy
_________________
Joined: 16 Dec 2002

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Toby Tyler
Geocacher


Joined: 22 Mar 2006

Posts: 16
Location: Big Sky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 Mile?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.