MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off-topic: MOGA/MnGCA/Minnesota Cup

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Team Wicket

The only part of mngca is the team name,

Quote:
Oneied Cooky

Earlier postings state this is not a MNGCA thing. Just a bunch of us from Mn. going down there

Let me get this straight this is not a MNGCA event, and there will be no mention that this is a team from MNGCA. And no member will say that they are a member or an officer of the MNGCA when they are down at the event.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also why is the thread on the MNGCA event topic?
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireman121 wrote:
Also why is the thread on the MNGCA event topic?
Because it is a GeoCaching event. I have seen threads about Iowa and Wisc. events. And last year people were interested in what was going on. If you want to go back to last years threads. And I don't understand? What if we do say that we are members of MnGCA? This is NOT a MnGCA event it is being put on by St Louis Area Geocachers Association. SLAGA. And you quoted Team Wicket as far as the team name.
Thank You Team Wicket for the support! Cool [/quote][/b]
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like some one is afraid of the truth!
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like some one is afraid of the truth!
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like someone is so itching for something to find fault with that they can not understand that this is not an MnGCA sponsored trip. MnGCA in no way funds this. MnGCA in no way endorses it. MnGCA membership is in no way required to participate. This is an event openly advertised on GC.com. Anybody who registers with the even planners in MO can attend.

The MnGCA also does not "sponser" weeknight caching if I recall. These types of things go under the events topic because that is what the events topic is for. It can not be stated any simpler.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I did was point out the fact that it looks like your were taking up a collection or donations for the Minnesota cup, that all extra money should go into a fund marked for that reason.

If you plan on making this a yearly event, that there will be cost associated with the engraving each year, the money should be put aside for that reason instead of gas going down there.

When I read the post on this thread it stated that there were looking for donations for the Minnesota cup, and being a person not associated with the group going down there, it seemed that it was a general question put out to all of the members of the MNGCA and not just the few who are going. So thatís what raised the question about the money.

It seems that people here are afraid of the truth.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems that people here are afraid of the truth.

I guess I really don't know what you're trying to get at with this fireman121.

It just seems so 'off topic'....This is a place to discuss events. The guys who go to MOGA are talking about a trophy, thats all.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here's the simple truth.

The events forum is an open to the public forum. It is not a MnGCA only forum. If the organization was going to try and elicite donations from it's membership it would not be done in the open forums.

There are currently 8 individuals and two tentatives that are planning on going to the MOGA 2006 event hosted by SLAGA. Last year after winning for the 2nd year in a row those that attended discussed the concept of creating a perpetual cup similiar to the "Littie Brown Jug."

One of those participants took the lead on trying to find a suitable trophy that we termed the "Minnesota Cup". The thread that was started was focused on those individual who were going to participate this year.

If you look at the original post the word contribution was used and was focused to those that were planning on attending. Later he used the word donation. The word donation was not focused on the MnGCA membership but on those that were planning to attend the MOGA. Nowhere in any of the three pages of posts did Towlebooth or any other member of the MnGCA or otherwise ask for dontations from the organization at large. The comment was

Code:
If donations go over the cup amount + shipping, the remainder will go to gas for the trip (split between vehicles). All details will be shared in writing with the contributers and others going on the trip.

This statement did not ask for donations from anyone. It was a statement and those that have been having this converstation for a year now knew exactly what he meant.

The individual going to attend this event are not eliciting donations from the membership at large. Towlebooth is eliciting donations from those that plan on attending the event. And we are supporting.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is something that should have been handled by PM's and e-mails, instead of putting this on a public fourm.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireman121 wrote:
Maybe this is something that should have been handled by PM's and e-mails, instead of putting this on a public fourm.

Now I'm confused...

Are you refering to the Minnesota Cup in general?

Or all the mudslinging/arguments in the thread?

Confused

If the first, I don't know about you, but I'm interested in the whole MOGA thing even though I know I won't participate this year due to taking vacation earlier in the month, but knowing that Minnesota and the MNGCA is being represented is a good thing in my mind. Although I don't think I'd want it being an "official" representation, because "affiliated" with the MNGCA means people can go, have fun, and be themselves, but if it's "OFFICAL" we seem to have a lot of people that like to make trouble for people involved if they act like normal people...

Celticwulf
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they put their discussions here. Even though I can't go, I feel invited. That if I could go, I'd be welcome. If this were taken to pm, it would become a closed group. A click, that no one knows what they're doing. Some big secret, and if someone else wanted to go, well no it's their private little deal. So please don't critize their holding their discusions here. If your not interested, don't bother reading their posts. Ofcourse it's also easier to comuincate to a group here than in pms.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: