MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MnGCA Products Online
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: MnGCA Products Online Reply with quote

Get your official Minnesota Geocaching Association merchandise online here. There's also a link on the MNGCA homepage on the left-hand side under BUY STUFF.

So far we have some shirts and a couple of stickers. More products will be added in the near future.

All proceeds will go directly toward funding this website and events. The profit is $1 per shirt and $.25 per sticker.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! RJ, I know you have been temporarily unemployed, but how in the heck have you been able to do all this stuff for MnGCA AND find all those caches!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Cool! RJ, I know you have been temporarily unemployed, but how in the heck have you been able to do all this stuff for MnGCA AND find all those caches!

and HIDE all those caches...
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guy never sleeps

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
the guy never sleeps

No, that's rickrich.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got sick yesterday, so I was in bed for about 28 hours. That ought to hold me for a week.

Anyway, I hate to be a whiner, but is it possible to get a long-sleeve T-shirt added to the product lineup?

-Rick
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
...but is it possible to get a long-sleeve T-shirt added to the product lineup?

That can be done w/o too much trouble. Watch for it.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this a couple of days ago. I may have to make a purchase now that I came into a little bit of money. What kinds of other items are they looking at getting. ie: keychains, Vinyl decals for windows, I could go on and on but I know you just got it up and going. Cool
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
What kinds of other items are they looking at getting?

They have a few more clothing type items like baseball shirts with colored sleeves and even thong underwear Shocked .

There's two types of hats but I don't think they are of high enough quality so I didn't make them available. They don't stitch the design on, but rather they print it on the front only. Seemed pretty cheap for a $14 hat. Maybe we can find another outfit to get some hats made differently in the future. I'd like a stitched one.

As far as misc. stuff goes, the coolest thing I saw was a coffee mug and stein and a steel travel mug with a logo on it. They have license plate holders which would look good on my car Smile . Feel free to go to www.cafepress.com and see for yourself all they have to offer and make a suggestion on what you'd like to see.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump!

New stuff!!

Need a Last Minute Christmas Gift?
s4xton, posted December 16, 2004
Check out our new 2005 line at our online shop. Everything from T-Shirts, Bumper Stickers, Mugs, Bags and even a shirt for your geocaching dog! A portion of your purchase goes towards funding MnGCA events.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a url if you're just joining the thread:

http://cafepress.com/mngca/

Please reply to this thread if you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about the store.

Cafepress allows us to mark-up items beyond their cost so we can get something out of it. The MnGCA has decided (in a previous board, and we have so far left it the same) to keep the markup at only $1 to try to keep things affordable. So with every product you purchase you help the MnGCA a dollar. Believe it or not, every bit does help.

Thanks,
-Aaron
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a couple tweaks to the store:

* Created the "White T-Shirt" to have the logo and "MnGCA" on the pocket area with the large logo on the back. (Request by Silent Bob)

* Brought back a log book. (request by Towlebooth)

* Put "mngca.org" on the back, near the shoulders on two shirts, the MnGCA Long Sleeve T-Shirt and the Grey MnGCA T-Shirt. (based off a request by Towlebooth to get our url in some more designs)

* Put "mngca.org" on the back of the bag.

If anyone else has comments, suggestions or questions, please let me know in this thread or via private message.

Thanks,
-Aaron
mtn-man
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind, I would like to pass on an idea for you folks.

In 2003 CafePress added an option for a calendar. We have been producing one for the last three years. Our new 2005 ones have just gone on sale. We made a call for submissions in the forums and then voted for the top 12 for the final calendar.

http://www.cafepress.com/gga.8984296 (Photos from within GA)
http://www.cafepress.com/_gga.4703649 (Photos from outside of GA)

We did not get our first years calendar done until the first of February in 2003, but lots of people still bought them (including me). It is by far our biggest selling item. The photos do need to come from at least a 1.3 megapixel camera for good quality, but for the best quality you need over 3 megapixels. We "res-up" the 1.3 megapixel images and even though they are not quite as sharp as the others they still look great. I don't know if any of you have Photoshop, but if not I would be willing to assist some if needed.

Here was our forum topic calling for pictures. We then create a submissions page on our web site, as you can see here (some photos have numbers on them because they were in a run-off). Our voting topic is in our private members section, but if one of the MnGCA Board Members wants to peek at how we voted I may be able to allow that (would have to discuss with our Steering Committee) or move it to a temporary open-to-all section. We basically just tell people to select 12 photos from the list in an open vote and the top 12 vote-getters go on the calendar.

The calendar is of great quality. It is work getting pics for selection and getting the voting together and then uploading pictures, but we love the calendar so we put the effort into it.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtn-man wrote:
If you don't mind, I would like to pass on an idea for you folks.

In 2003 CafePress added an option for a calendar. We have been producing one for the last three years. Our new 2005 ones have just gone on sale. We made a call for submissions in the forums and then voted for the top 12 for the final calendar.

http://www.cafepress.com/gga.8984296 (Photos from within GA)
http://www.cafepress.com/_gga.4703649 (Photos from outside of GA)

We did not get our first years calendar done until the first of February in 2003, but lots of people still bought them (including me). It is by far our biggest selling item. The photos do need to come from at least a 1.3 megapixel camera for good quality, but for the best quality you need over 3 megapixels. We "res-up" the 1.3 megapixel images and even though they are not quite as sharp as the others they still look great. I don't know if any of you have Photoshop, but if not I would be willing to assist some if needed.

Here was our forum topic calling for pictures. We then create a submissions page on our web site, as you can see here (some photos have numbers on them because they were in a run-off). Our voting topic is in our private members section, but if one of the MnGCA Board Members wants to peek at how we voted I may be able to allow that (would have to discuss with our Steering Committee) or move it to a temporary open-to-all section. We basically just tell people to select 12 photos from the list in an open vote and the top 12 vote-getters go on the calendar.

The calendar is of great quality. It is work getting pics for selection and getting the voting together and then uploading pictures, but we love the calendar so we put the effort into it.

I was thinking of something along the same lines.... It woudl be great to have an MN calander, as MN has some great sites to offer.

-JT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting a lot of response to this on both the forums and with chatting with other people, I'll work with Silent Bob to get a calendar made.

We've been chatting about it and he's going to work on creating a system for people to submit images and vote on them - and I'll work on color correction, image manipulation and getting it laid out and setup on cafepress.

More details soon - I am unfortunately pretty busy this week.

-Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: