MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Signup: Tracking MnGCA coins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Signup: Tracking MnGCA coins Reply with quote

Because the current round of MnGCA geocoins are not trackable, here or on gc.com, I decided it would be nice to have some way for those that wanted to release their coins into the "wild" to have some way of knowing where they are.

The coins all have www.mngca.org on them, so it seems like the only way that you'll ever know where they are is if the current holder comes to the website. The problem arises that there is no way for the holder to know who owns which coins.

My proposal:

If you are releasing a coin into the wild and would like to have some idea of where it goes, post the serial numbers and your email address here. I will create a new thread that will contain some short instructions and a list of the serial numbers and email addresses. When someone picks up your coin and comes to the web site to log it, they'll know how to let you know where the coin currently is.

The thread listing the coin numbers and email addresses will likely be linked from the MnGCA front page so newcomers to the website can find it easily.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested in setting up a different email account for this purpose, let me know - I have tons of gmail invites that I can send out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Coins to be released Reply with quote

Okay I'm going to put both of mine out:

Gold #53 Email Frozenflower@hotmail.com
Silver #1194 Email Frozenflower@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: