MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

podcaching?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: podcaching? Reply with quote

Sorry if somebody already posted about this..... (if so, archive the topic, I don't mean to be repetitive)

Anyway.... I thought this looks like a fun aspect of caching.... searching for caches by audio clues via your ipod Cool .... we have a few Mac friendly folks here (me, Moe, S4xton) on the forum who could easily put together a podcache here in MN. Maybe get one active for one of the events next summer or something.
http://podcacher.com/

(link sent to me by a newbie who heard about geocaching on a podcast and is now hooked on the hobby) Smile
PS.... Post not intended to become a debate on windoze vs linux vs mac Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually anybody could do a podcache.... and you don't REALLY need an ipod either... any old MP3 player would work Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

always willing to try a new game, what the heck, if someone places one in the area, I'll give it a go, maybe even put one of my own out if it seems to have any interest.

As far as podcasting goes, I was listening to audio files from the net long before the term podcast was coined, but I digress... (personally I could care less what computer anyone uses)
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
personally I could care less what computer anyone uses

I love my IBM 286.

I can make supper or wash dishes or feed the cat between page loads. Get lots of chores done. HEH
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion about the DeLorme Challenge has been split off and moved here: http://www.mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2021
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one of the upcoming events I'd like to record a small sample of what we do, and edit it down to a 2 minute segment then send it to Podcacher, it would be good publicity for us.

I'd be open to helping someone setup a podcache if someone would like to do it and would like some help.

Has there been any discussion on starting a MNGCA Podcast?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Has there been any discussion on starting a MNGCA Podcast?

Not that I know of.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that might be fun...I've been wanting to do a podcast for a while, but haven't found a topic that I thought I would be good at...maybe this would be a good one...SB, would this need to be an "unofficial" podcast, or would the assn be interesting in starting one?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
that might be fun...I've been wanting to do a podcast for a while, but haven't found a topic that I thought I would be good at...maybe this would be a good one...SB, would this need to be an "unofficial" podcast, or would the assn, be interesting in starting one?

The Board has its hands full with other stuff. If you're interested, run with it. If you want it to be "official" just pass it along to us first and we'll give you the AOK before you release it out.

If you don't want to go that route then go w/the unofficial stance and just mention that you're a geocacher in the MnGCA rather than the podcast is an MnGCA podcast.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Quote:
personally I could care less what computer anyone uses

I love my IBM 286.

I can make supper or wash dishes or feed the cat between page loads. Get lots of chores done. HEH

Oh yeah well my Commodore PET rocks!! I just hate it when I misplace the program casette though and put it in my original Walkman. I'm just waiting for the color screen though, I know it is right around the corner... but I can live with the cool green for now.
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been checking out the podcacher site,,,I downloaded the most recent podcast to my Zire72 (has mp3 player) to get comfortable with finding and sending the files. I hope that this catches on here in MN....I would give it a try,
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm on my way to getting some kind of Podcaching / MNGCA Podcasting site up. I have registered a domain name and am starting on the design of hte website, but I have no artistic abilities at all, so it may take me a while before I'm comfortable having other people see it.

I am thinking about where to do a first podcache since I have heard some people here would like to do one. If anyone would like to join me and make it a two person podcache, let me know by email. When I finish it I'll post it, might take a week or two, i have to test my audio equipment and see how it sounds.

If anyone out there is halfway decent at computer art and would like to become part of the podcast team, let me know, I'm very open to having this be a team effort if possible.

Thanks.
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If anyone out there is halfway decent at computer art and would like to become part of the podcast team, let me know, I'm very open to having this be a team effort if possible.

I have an interest in trying a podcache....but I am the last person you would want to help you with computer art....(I thought I was cool that I recently mastered the "copy and paste" features that everyone else knew how to do since the beginning of time) Wink

But I do wish you all the best and hope you are sucessful!!

Shawn
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted my first podcast, if people enjoy it I'll keep making them, so let me know. The website for the podcast is http://www.TCGCPC.com there are links to the RSS feed there and a direct link to the podcast. It's about 12 minutes, and covers the main topics written in the forums over the past week, and the WeekNight Cache event.

The Site is a little rough, and it's my first attempt at a podcast, so if you hear or see something you don't like, let me know...or if you hear/see something you do like, positive feedback is appreciated.

Hope you enjoy it.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link it in Itunes yet Razz

Celticwulf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: