MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

February 2006 COTM -- VOTE HERE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be the February 2006 Cache of the Month?
Deer Run by Posen
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Alphabet Soup Series by Paklid
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Canon_guy's super tough cache by canon_guy
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: February 2006 COTM -- VOTE HERE Reply with quote

THREE excellent nominations this month - thanks folks!

Deer Run by Posen
Nominated by Wayfarin Stranger

I am nominating Posen's Deer Run cache for cache of the month. I looked for this one on Nov.25, the day after Thanksgiving, on my way out of town on vacation. I got there at 7 A.M. and searched for about 30 min. in a snowstorm before I found it almost by "accident". This is an excellent job of a camouflaged container and hide.
I could have nominated almost any of his caches for cotm, but chose his first hide. For a relatively new cacher, Posen is a master at hiding caches, with excellent cache containers and some humor thrown in.
It would not surprise me if nore of his hides were nominated this year.
Thanks for the GREAT hides, John....keeps me cachin'.

Alphabet Soup Series by Paklid
Nominated by sui generis

I will nominate the whole series of Alphabet Soup caches placed by Paklid. While nominating a whole series may be unconventional and makes it impossible to provide a link to the cache, Gestalt must rule the day. This series is greater than the sum of its parts. Each cache taken individually, while being a solid and decent cache, doesn't really jump out and shine as COTM material in my eyes. However, put them all together in a single vision as Paklid has done, and you get something special. If you want to get to know Eagan and its parks, this is a great series. For an extra challenge, see if you can find them all in one day!

The series offers something for everyone. There are multis, puzzles, urban cammoflage, hikes, park and grabs... if there is a certain style of cache you enjoy, it has certainly been covered at least once in this series.

Canon_guy's super tough cache by canon_guy
Nominated by loneeagle_24

I visited this cache back in July. It wasn't a real nice day to be hunting. It was sort of one of those misty type days. I got to the location of this cache and thought to myself this one should be an easy park and grab. BOY WAS I FOOLED! I looked for this cache for nearly a half an hour and was getting frustrated. The GPS kept leading me to one spot but there was nothing that I could locate in that spot. No geobeacons or such. I was just about ready to give up on this cache and then it donned on me to think three dimensional. I did some more checking and was able to get an idea where the cache might be, but actually getting to the cache added a whole different element to this cache find. With out giving too much away, I had to figure out how to get to this cache without getting wet. This was one of the most challenging Micros I have ever searched for. I have to thank the cache placer for the excellent hiding location of this cache. If you get a chance to get out to southwestern MN I highly recommend this cache. It will make you think a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while ago someone emailed me about the possibility of nominating a series of caches. I looked through my emails but couldn't figure out who it was. Will that person please email me again? Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL...Sui Generis steals my thunder Wink

Pear Head, I was the one who sent you the PM about nominating Paklid's Alphabet Soup series...so guess which I'm voting for Laughing

Celticwulf
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see anywhere on the posting for the FEb COTM when the poll was going to end. When exactly is that?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It SHOULD end on the end of the month (Jan 31). If for some reason it's ending early or late please let me know.

I will be posting the winner to the main page today (hopefully).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: