MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SE Minnesota Rochester Area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
murph
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: SE Minnesota Rochester Area Reply with quote

Was wondering if a bunch of people would like to get together on a Saturday for breakfast then go out for the day caching. It just seems like this area has people but we don't do anything as a group. This way we could get to know each other and have some fun doing it. Accordiangal and myself did some emailing back and forth and would like to see how many people would be interested. Were thinking we could do it on Feb 26th. If this is not a good time but your still interested in getting involved at least post back here and let us know. We could change the date.

murph
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: SE Minnesota Rochester Area Reply with quote

murph wrote:
Was wondering if a bunch of people would like to get together on a Saturday for breakfast then go out for the day caching. It just seems like this area has people but we don't do anything as a group. This way we could get to know each other and have some fun doing it. Accordiangal and myself did some emailing back and forth and would like to see how many people would be interested. Were thinking we could do it on Feb 26th. If this is not a good time but your still interested in getting involved at least post back here and let us know. We could change the date.

murph

If I didn't have to work I would be there. Even though it is about a three plus hour drive. I just don't seem to have many around my area that are active in geocaching. I did make it to an event down that way a couple of years ago in Mankato. That was fun. I have about exhausted everything within a 50 mile radius of me other than my own caches, and they aren't much fun to find. lol
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion (although it's a little late to do for a Feb 28 breakfast) is to make an event out of it. You'd be amazed how many people will show up.

MnGCA has "Breakfast Buddies" events once a month but there's nothing to say that anyone else can't make a similar event on their own ("Breakfast with murph"?)...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mabutter
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murph- is that your caching name in Rochester? I don't recall seeing that on any local caches. Do we know you by another name?
murph
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Murph- is that your caching name in Rochester? I don't recall seeing that on any local caches. Do we know you by another name?

Yeah not sure how I mess that one up but my geocaching name is actually "thcri". You can find me there.

Yes I know the 28th may be short notice but if we can get a bunch of names of people that would be interested we could get a date later this spring.

And for the "Breakfast with Murph" that sounds great too!! Very Happy

murph
Pez Tonto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested. Thanks for getting the idea started.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My suggestion (although it's a little late to do for a Feb 28 breakfast) is to make an event out of it. You'd be amazed how many people will show up.

Pearhead,
I believe you meant the 26th. The 28th is on a Tuesday. That seems like a BAD day. Most people are working during the week.

I'm not sure how come no one caught this before.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
I believe you meant the 26th. The 28th is on a Tuesday. That seems like a BAD day. Most people are working during the week.

I'm not sure how come no one caught this before.

That is certainly an interesting question.... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mabutter
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for a Rochester group cache outing, we would be interested but not that particular weekend. We will be out of town and hitting a few caches in the St. Peter area.
murph
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally said the 26th. My second post was in error. However I think this is such short notice and now I find that I may have to be out of town that whole weekend.

If we would plan for one of the last two week-ends in March, how would that do?

Please respond.

murph
Pez Tonto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me at least to the best of my knowledge at this point in time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: