MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International CITO Day - 4/22/2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: International CITO Day - 4/22/2006 Reply with quote

We are planning an official event on April 22, 2006 at a Dakota County Park. The park is Thomson County Park. It is in Dakota County, that is just the name of the park. We will be meeting at 10:00 a.m. The park is providing the trash bags, as well as removal of the filled bags.

Anybody participating in the CITO event will need to sign a volunteer waiver for the park. (Dakota County's requirement, not ours). Children under 18 will need one signed by a parent or guardian. The forms are available on the Dakota County Parks web site. I will also have some available at the event.

This is a long way to drive for those outside the metro area. I encourage you, if you are outside the metro, and interested in participating, to think about creating your own event for those in your area.

edit by SB 4/22/06 to remove the sticky
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on attending
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting the parking coordinates tomorrow and the event page should be approved shortly thereafter.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...do we actually have to do something other than stand around and make faces at the Yeti?

J/K...I'll probably be there, although it's far enough out something from work may come up...

Celticwulf
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just talked to our contact at the park. They will be providing a signin sheet, volunteer waivers, bottled water and snacks. Please RSVP so that I can give her an accurate head count for water and snacks.
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's awesome for Dakota County to do that!
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count on 2 of Team Wicket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any plans to do something like this in Duluth?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:

Not that I am aware of. I had intended on trying to do something but I'm simply overwhelmed with other stuff and don't have time to do it. If someone in the area wants to plan for it I'll offer my assistance if I can.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:

Not that I am aware of. I had intended on trying to do something but I'm simply overwhelmed with other stuff and don't have time to do it. If someone in the area wants to plan for it I'll offer my assistance if I can.

I don't know the first thing about planning it but I'd love to help out any way I can since I'm in Duluth on the weekends. Maybe dmnrec knows?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:

I don't know the first thing about planning it but I'd love to help out any way I can since I'm in Duluth on the weekends. Maybe dmnrec knows?

She would be the person I would start with. She also may be interested in setting up the event. She frequents the forums so we can wait until she responds I guess. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down for the Thompson Park event, but be aware there's a good chance that I could be on my way to either Afganistan or Iraq by then--I should know more in a couple weeks.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we have a couple of interested parties planning on attending the CITO in West St. Paul. Keep em coming! Dakota County Parks are supplying food and water as well as bags and pickup.

If you're interested in coming please do mark a Will Attend on the cache page so that we can get an accurate count to Dakota County.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSVP if you are intending on coming as I will turn in a count in about a week and a half.
TECGeoJim
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on attending.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: