MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Do You Register CacheMate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: How Do You Register CacheMate Reply with quote

OK, now that I purchased CacheMate software, how in the world do you register it. I look at the link to do it, and I cant seem to find it.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I got her registered!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you like the software so far? I tried it once when I first started with the Palm, but found that it had too many clicks for me to retrieve the information I wanted on a cache.

Now that I look back at things, Plucker is just about as much a pain. It's difficult with Plucker to quickly look up a cache, but once I have it up I have all of the information on one screen (with a little scrolling up or down).

Maybe it's time I check out Cachemate again...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe it's time I check out Cachemate again...

Pear Head, are you crazy?? You finally have the whole Sunrise/Plucker set up mastered...(and I know how much of a pain it was to get it set up initially)

I would be willing to bet that Cachemate is very good also..... but I personally am not willing to abort a working system to then have to start from scratch. Wink Wink

(just kidding about the crazy statement) Wink

But seriously, it would be nice to see 2 palm pilots side by side...1 with cachemate, and 1 with the plucker setup.....just to compare notes.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít know yet, I am still trying to figure out how to get the zip files onto my Palm Pilot. I was trying to use spinner but no luck so far.
celticwulf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using GSAK and Cachemate for my paperless system. Working great so far, I can pull up everything I need really quickly...and if I felt like figuring it out I could also do my logging on my palm with cachemate and load it to the website...but I'm to lazy to figure that out yet Wink

GSAK is great because the filters I've figured out so far make it so I can only load what I need to both GPS and Palm...and the loading to palm is easier than anything I was trying using just the cachemate software, so I highly reccomend it.

Celticwulf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: