MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Volunteer Cache Reviewer for Minnesota
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the same time as welcoming our new approver, I would also like to publicly thank mtn-man for his years of service to the cachers of the state.

While I have not always agreed with you mtn-man, I have felt that you have given me a fair shake each time. I know others feel the same way.

I'm under the assumption that you'll still be around to back up the surfer while he's.....surfing?

- Pear Head
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing great so far Joesurfer, thanks for your time!
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Friar Cadfael
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: MN Approver Process Reply with quote

I am very new to geocaching and so I am totally unaware of all that goes on "behind the scenes." How are caches submitted for approval and then approved? Where can I go to learn about all of the geo-infrastructure?

Thank you!
RubberToes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: MN Approver Process Reply with quote

Friar Cadfael wrote:
I am very new to geocaching and so I am totally unaware of all that goes on "behind the scenes." How are caches submitted for approval and then approved? Where can I go to learn about all of the geo-infrastructure?

Welcome to the game. Take a look at the Guidelines for Submitting a Cache. This will give you plenty of background info.

Once you submit a cache, it is reviewed by an approver who tries to make sure you have complied with the guidelines. Also, by locating several caches, you'll begin to see for yourself what makes a good cache.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: