MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orienteeering courses in State Park systems.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Orienteeering courses in State Park systems. Reply with quote

Quote:
DNR page...Due to concerns related to natural resource protection, visitor safety, staff workloads and liability, geocaches are not permitted on lands administered by the Minnesota State Park System. Any geocaches found will be considered abandoned property

Now here is my question...why are we limited when compaired to http://www.mnoc.org/poc.shtml. This is an Permanent Orienteering Course located at the William O'Brian State park. I've done many courses over my lifetime and many times I'm bushwacking a orienteering course just for a good time on a race! If its a race I'm going to take every short cut possible to make up time.

Shouldn't the DNR be concerned with an orienteering course that is related to natural resource protection, visitor safety, and liabilty.
I'm not posting this to make issues I just would like to understand the difference.
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the report on bobhiker's dilligent work with the DNR in this thread!

It looks like the situation is changing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: