MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duluth area puzzle caches
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Duluth area puzzle caches Reply with quote

Ok guys... This has to stop. Razz It's getting way out of hand now. I am having a hard time keeping up with SOLVING the puzzle caches, much less visiting them all. Wink

Another one was just approved and I am aware of two (I believe) that are in the works still...

Maybe we'll end up being some sort of puzzle capital...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't told me if you have solved "Lap of Luxury" yet?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at it before while caching in the area, but haven't invested much time in solving it yet.

Just great... ANOTHER puzzle to add to my list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:

Wow, Duluth is only 491 feet from my home coordinates? That'll make getting to the Breakfast on the 31st easy as pie!
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:

I've had it solved for quite some time. Trouble is I can solve lots of puzzle caches, I just never get the time to always go to the areas they're at.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe we'll end up being some sort of puzzle capital...

"What Can I Say?"

I was born in Duluth

Confused

Last edited by Dances With Beehives on Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the longer nights, it's giving people more time to think of new puzzles....but the longer nights aren't helping me solve these puzzles! Or, it can be a one-up-man ship going on...who can create the puzzle that no one can break??? And, where do you get these decoder rings people are supposably using to solve some of them??
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
Or, it can be a one-up-man ship going on...who can create the puzzle that no one can break???

What it is (I've talked to some of those involved) is a form of getting even with one another. One puts out a puzzle that is hard, so the next guy has to get back with a harder one.

We just get to experience the side effects of this (good or bad). I'm enjoying it so far - it's keeping my brain active.
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: puzzled Reply with quote

Duluth is loaded with some great caches. It's been a busy
Fall for me so I haven't been able to spend much time in
my fav. city. Last night I spent some time in the wee hours,
working on one of the puzzle caches. Pretty rewarding when
one figures it out. Indeed it keeps the brain active. You
guys & gals are a lotta fun! Wink

~northtrekker
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also depends on the type of puzzle. I've enjoyed the encryption ones I've done. Shoot one of Eskoclimbers I managed to solve and drove the 150 miles to get FTF on (Haven't done that since though).

There's one in town here I helped create for one of KB's caches. I'll admit it's extremely tough to do without a hint, dare I say impossible? I actually had a different motivation at the time it was created as to why it was so hard. I've found myself appologizing to any cachers that have attempted it.
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
There's one in town here I helped create for one of KB's caches. I'll admit it's extremely tough to do without a hint, dare I say impossible? I actually had a different motivation at the time it was created as to why it was so hard. I've found myself appologizing to any cachers that have attempted it.

Even with the hints, that one's close to impossible, especially when using dialup internet and a laptop's standard keyboard. But I did it!
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Two heads to solve one puzzle Reply with quote

Getting out of hand? Well, "color" me sad. Actually, the trick is to come up with a different puzzle. IBcrashen stole two of my ideas before I could implement them. Well, maybe I was lazy AND I don't like admitting that IBcrashen is more clever than I am.
I really enjoy stretching my mind and trying to come up with something that hasn't been done, well around here anyway.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...I'm getting close to starting to solve some of IB's new caches...but I have yet to crack them. Don't worry tho'...if I can't solve them, I'll come up with one that will make his look easy...just working on making the numbers match the site...stay tuned Twisted Evil
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
OK...I'm getting close to starting to solve some of IB's new caches...but I have yet to crack them. Don't worry tho'...if I can't solve them, I'll come up with one that will make his look easy...just working on making the numbers match the site...stay tuned Twisted Evil

as promised:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=38d4989d-274f-4b0d-9f2a-e18f7c900e28

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
dmnrec wrote:

as promised:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=38d4989d-274f-4b0d-9f2a-e18f7c900e28

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

congrats to Eskoclimber and Pearhead for solving this way too fast!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: